16 year old celebratory Amarone.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
Just opened a 1997 Mithas Amarone purchased in Florence in 2004. 80€ at the time. Celebrating with my kids at dinner tonight.
ForumRunner_20131102_144431.png

Very nice. So you opened before you are going to the restaurant to decant it?
going to drink it in about an hour at my son's house. Then off to the restaurant. Restaurants in Texas typically do not let you bring your own.

Last edited:
If I opened that and drank it with family you would have a hard time getting me out of the house to go to a restaurant!

Oakland going to drink it in about an hour at my son's house. Then off to the restaurant. Restaurants in Texas typically do not let you bring your own.

Okay. It was as good and special as I expected. I love when Amarone are done in the old style and allowed to get musty. It was great, fruit, dry, 15% and musty. Worth the wait. Last bottle from the 2004 trip to the Homeland. Time to go back I guess. Family claimed to like my 2012 my MMR Nero D Avola just as well. Kind of them to say so. But the Amarone was smoothe beyond compare especially for 15%. Worthy of the event. Dinner was great too, a really good customers restaurant.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back