Zoning regulations for small home (non-commercial) vineyard??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimTheWiner

Begintner
Reaction score
As anyone ever heard of zoning regulations or ordinances against having a vineyard on your own residential property if it is strictly for home wine making and fruit consumption? I am going to town hall tomorrow but I'd like to know if anyone's ever encountered problems with this. I would be BEYOND pissed of they made some kind of issue out of it.

Its amazing what people complain about. I know we can't have hogs in our subdivision, after that everything is game. How is some grape vines different than flowers or a garden? Good luck!

how much?

how much property do you have?are you in a development with a board ?different standards for different townships as well as states ,it can be cumbersome,but it could be the law,.....................:tz

I was hoping to get replies last night mainly to ease my mind before calling town hall, but I just got off the phone with them and he says "I don't care what you plant as long as it's not marijuana" lol. Glad to have a go. At first I was worried more about the trellis constructions/permits, but he said it's not a problem. Sweet. BTW, the lot is 12 acres total, mostly wooded with the .25 acre field to plant on.

Latest posts

Back