You know you're a winemaker when....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your wife tells you "no more wine kits for awhile," you fire up the old computer to pick out two more wine kits you know she will love ... confident that her saying "no" really means "yes, yes, order some grape skin kits honey."

You know she wants them as much as you do.

Let us know which two kits you decide to go with... I want to try a kit with skins too and am curious to see which ones you pick.
HB

When your Christmas "must have" list is really a Must have list.

When your Christmas list includes 2-5 gal, 3-3 gal carboys, set of metal measuring spoons from 1/8 tsp to 1 tbl.

... when you take time out of your busy work schedule to catch up on winemakingtalk.com forum posts ;)

On the 5th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me. Five Caaarboyyys.

This could be fun. I htink I'll start a thread...

On the 5th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me. Five Caaarboyyys.

This could be fun. I htink I'll start a thread...

Do it!! You make up verse 1 and I bet you'll have a full song by the end of the day.

When you can say, "nice rack" and not get your face slapped.

When the kids cant take a bath!!!!!!!!!!
Bottles.jpg

When you look at that tub of bottles with envy i:i....Santa you reading?
Mary aka Zoogie

when you move into the country and ask the neighbors what they grow......

....then ask, "if they have extra"..................

....................then ask, "if they like wine"................

..............................................then ask, "maybe we could do a trade?" lol

300th post!

..............................................then ask, "maybe we could do a trade?" lol

300th post!

MV... come visit me in my cabin on the hill and I'll let you ask my neighbors up in the holler what they grow... only I'll be standing a good 20 feet from you when you ask... :):):)

By the way... here's to your 300th post... :b
HB

Last edited:

300th post!

Congrats on the 300th :dg:b

when your wife cannot use the freezer cause' there's nothing but muscadine' packed in there.:db

I do that to a point. I have a favorite kentucky wine from Turning Point Vineyards (Cabernet Franc), that is great, but the labels seem to be held on by super glue. So I always hesitate to buy it. But in the end I always pick up a bottle if I see it. Otherwise I do note brands by how easily their labels come off. Alice White is always fairly easy. I had a french table wine the other night whose label came off with just a 5 minute soak in hot water. Front and back were just floating when I came back. It's a pity the wine was terrible, or I'd buy again.

Congrats on the 300th :dg:b

it was a momentous occasion in which i will now drink a bottle to celebrate! :try

you know you are a wine maker when you drink a store bought bottle of any wine to try and think, "why did i waste that money, i could have bought some more sugar or maybe some more k-meta."

...you know your a wine maker when you think almost all sweet wines were failures! (not making fun of some that like sweet wines)

Back