You know you're a winemaker when....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horkalugi

Global Paradigm Advisor
Reaction score
You buy commercial wine according to how easily the label comes off.

For me, it's often the shape of the bottle, and cork finish vs screw cap.

Oak Leaf....dirt cheap, not bad especially the Cab Sauv and the labels almost fall off in water.

:D

I buy Whites for the clear bottles. I never have enough clear

When you buy a commercial wine and say "Man my worst is better then this swill".

Watching your airlock is more entertaining than watching reality shows.

Oak Leaf....dirt cheap, not bad especially the Cab Sauv and the labels almost fall off in water.

:D

We can get 3 bottles of "Five Oaks" wine for $9.99 here. Is that the brand you are referring to... I haven't tried it... yet.
HB

Last edited:
Here Lately I have been using my parents and neighbor to supply my bottles. I have become very fond of a bottle my neighbor provides me that is frosted like an arbor mist bottle but requires a cork instead of a cap. The reason is that with the Avery label software I use I am able to create semitransparent labels that look great on the bottle.

When someone shouts "NICE LEGS!", you look at the inside of your wine glass.

you start eyeing up the empties at a diner party, wondering if the host would let you have them if you asked nicely (and if your misses would forgive you if you did).

You watch a NatGeo show about the footprint you make on Earth in a lifetime and they show 942 bottles of wine and you wish you could collect them up or wonder what they did with all those bottles.

When you forget your wife’s birthday, but can tell the exact vintage date of your first bottle.

Then, you know you're a chronic winemaker!! Yikes!!

Your daughter's name is Chablis and son's name is Merlot.

You know you are a winemaker when ...

When your wife tells you "no more wine kits for awhile," you fire up the old computer to pick out two more wine kits you know she will love ... confident that her saying "no" really means "yes, yes, order some grape skin kits honey."

You know she wants them as much as you do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back