You know you're a winemaker when....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mid, don't get to excited, when I reached 1000th I was expecting a all paid trip to Wades cellar! Didn't happen.:po

Like Buddah said, "expect nothing and you will never be disappointed".

We'll see what happens when I get to the 2000th!:D

Anyway, you know you are a winemaker when.."your hard core beer drinking friends compliment you on your creation."

Troy,
You get ANOTHER reason to "lift" a glass of your "best"
Thats what I got LOL !
Oh yea I DID visit my wine cellar and counted 100+ full cases plus all on 5 wine racks (around 500) dont forget what I have below.. Think I have enough for a while?
YEA I can find MANY reasons to celebrate.

Yeah Yeah Yeah!!!!! maybe for my 2000th I will get a trip to YOUR cellar, that is IF you have enough! LOL

....when you start buying sugar in the 50# bags because you realized fruit isn't the only thing you can ferment!

When you have purple snowbanks outside the door closest to your winemaking op. (deer snowcones!!)

I was peeing purple before I ever started making wine. I was pretty shocked when I realized it wasn't the deers, but the orange Moose!!! Go figure!

Troy

When you consider (I'm not admitting anything here) doing the following:

Riding around on a bicycle through your neighborhood at night with a flashlight....

.... with the kid trailer attached....

... with a plastic storage bin in the trailer....

... looking for wine bottles in recycling bins that have been put out for pickup the next day.

geez Spleish, thats pretty rough! If you do that without wearing the Spiderman outfit, you may not have so many people shooting at you!! ROTF. LOL:D

Troy

I thought about asking some local restaurants to put some aside for me. Anyone ever try that? Of course there is always the option of buying them, but I refuse to do that.

Dont buy them!! Follow the thread I started about free bottles.

We can all get what we need. I like you refuse to pay for them!

I thought about asking some local restaurants to put some aside for me. Anyone ever try that? Of course there is always the option of buying them, but I refuse to do that.

Yes, I have the only local restaurant that serves wine saving the bottles for me. I also visit a winery about an hour from here that *sells* empties for $4 a case. They have a bistro that serves lunches, so they have quite a few available.

Just about any winery that does tastings should have empties available.

So as not to hijack this thread, I'm gonna head over to the wine bottle collecting thread and post on the subject over there. I am trying local wineries too, but....

HA! There you go!

Nothing like dumpster diving for wine bottles.

Those days may be over soon though. I called a local wine store today that does tastings, and then had my wife run by and pick up some bottles. They gave her 3 cases, but they said that their other store, which has a wine bar, will have a lot more.

So, I called over there and they said they'll have a ton for her tomorrow!

Pathetic that this excites me so much.

HA! There you go!

Nothing like dumpster diving for wine bottles.

Those days may be over soon though. I called a local wine store today that does tastings, and then had my wife run by and pick up some bottles. They gave her 3 cases, but they said that their other store, which has a wine bar, will have a lot more.

So, I called over there and they said they'll have a ton for her tomorrow!

Pathetic that this excites me so much.

No... it is NOT pathetic... this is a big deal... hell, they're not even my bottles and I'm excited!

There is a wine shop/tasting bar down the street from me that I get more bottles than I can use. Life is good when you find a good source.

Latest posts

Back