You guys are killing me.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesngalveston

Reaction score
It seems as if I am on here more then I watch Tv. And every time I read a post, its like hummmmm...I bet that taste good, versions of dragon blood, peach,orange,bananna,strawberry,gooseberry, fig, etc, etc, etc. It is like a silent message going off, Yea...I should make that..it would be good, then I look to see if i have a 100 lbs of sugar...
jeez
am i becoming a wine making junky are what....it is not a hobby, it is a tasters delight.

It seems as if I am on here more then I watch Tv. And every time I read a post, its like hummmmm...I bet that taste good, versions of dragon blood, peach,orange,bananna,strawberry,gooseberry, fig, etc, etc, etc. It is like a silent message going off, Yea...I should make that..it would be good, then I look to see if i have a 100 lbs of sugar...
jeez
am i becoming a wine making junky are what....it is not a hobby, it is a tasters delight.

Isn't it Grand!!! :sm

The way I look at it, is, it's not costing me anything, I'm spending my kids inheritance.
Semper Fi

This forum is why we wound up with 600 bottles of wine in a year and a half! The folks here are "enablers"!

Some of the first wines we made are not the best but the more we made the better they got.

yes i know..i made a peach, on second racking, and it is out of this world.
cant wait for it to age.
peaches are not so good here in the store, so im searching now for a place to pick my own...more more more....

Look for Red Haven Peaches, they are the best and come later in the peach season. Check out Farmers Markets. When we get them home we lay them out not touching each other on a tables for a few days. Because we sell at a farmers market we have access to the Red Haven when they come on the market. I would avoid the grocery store peaches.

lucky you...ill check out farmers market sat. the peach is better then my blackberry i think...i have to try both again, and again, and again.
lol

Here's another tip for all of you that have orchards nearby. Hook up with them when fruit starts coming into season--tell them you're a winemaker and give them your phone number so they can call you when they have damaged fruit that they can't sell. You'll get very ripe peaches with some bruises and lots of other fruit that they just toss out or feed to the pigs. We got over 100# of peaches and nectarines this way last year,for 25 cents a pound. And 100# of pears that the frost damaged for $48.00

Latest posts

Back