Wow..im tired!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kendo

Reaction score
JUST CRUSHED 400LBS OF OLD VINE ZIN MANUALY....SMELL"S YUMMY...MARIO SALVI..:sl..TIME FOR A NAP......

THAT is work!! Good old brute force. Good for you!!

Take the rest of the day off!

Debbie

Will get some up tomorrow...wife has camera, cant believe it took me just over 10 hrs to crush them all..:w...hard part is over...:db

Brings back memories about when I crushed 200 kilo (400lbs) plums by hand (2 years in a row). Had to do it after work each day.
Man I was exhausted. So must you be.

Take a rest and I hope the wine comes out well.

Luc.

I used to crush my grapes manually as well - did it twice - then i purchased an old crusher off craigslist for $50 - best $50 i spent. I can now crush 400#'s in about 30min.

JUST CRUSHED 400LBS OF OLD VINE ZIN MANUALY....SMELL"S YUMMY...MARIO SALVI..:sl..TIME FOR A NAP......

Kendo, when I was a kid, my Grandfather, Father and two Uncles used to make between 250 to 300 gallon each year which was between 75 and 100 42-pound boxes. The kids (my brothers and cousins) and some of the women had the job of stripping the grapes from the stems prior to crushing. We bought Zinfandel or Alicante and Muscat (which were much easier to strip) and mixed them in a 3 red to 1 white ratio. I remember going to school with purple hands for several weeks! I lived in a real "white bread" area of Pittsburgh and took a lot of kidding. Great memories, though.

BTW, back when I first started helping with this enterprise (late 1940's), a 42 pound box of grapes cost $.75!

Last edited:
thats sounds like alot of fun rocky..great memories im sure, i crushed them with a regular crusher (no motor)..will be buying one soon..:)))..everything seems to be going ok so far...:try

house smells so nice this morning..sweet zin baby.:D.have a nice wild yeast ferment going on ..pictures tonight...:try

Latest posts

Back