Word of Caution

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a post from WMT forum I am sharing with permission from the author.Please becareful that your carboys are balanced out on the table and not overloading it.
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14300
Winemaking just not meant to be for me
<hr style="color: rgb(119, 40, 28);" SIZE="1">

<div id="post_message_133069">Who would have thought that a table that looked that
sturdy would collapse.

RIP: 5 gallons Cranberry, 3 Gallons Strawberry, 6
Gallons Cherry Noir, 6 Gallons Raspberry SP, 6 Gallons Apfelwein, 5 Gallons Sauv
Blanc and 6 Gallons Syrah. Every single carboy I own. (except one 3 gallon)
IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

What a shame! It seems that a BB survived the fall; is that correct? One is shown in the fourth picture without an airlock.

Pedestal tables are notoriously unstable and an additional weakness of this design are the stub mortises on the feet where they are attached to the pedestals. The entire weight was on those four tenons. It looks as though that is what gave way. I feel so sorry for her.

Just in case you all havent added it up thats 37 gallons of wine on that floor!!!!!!!!!! Could you imagine having to clean that up. I would imagine there will be a big fruit fly problem soon!

I am having a memorial service for their loss Sunday during my wine club meeting.
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

Thankfully no one was present when it happened and got hurt.

What do you think, vacuum pump with a good filter to save it as a big blend???? LOL, sorry Sarah!

Oh man that just stinks. I get nervous with just twocarboyson my cart. MY heart goes out to her. I hope she will get back into production soon

Latest posts

Back