WMT (Unofficial) Mist Wine Contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine scheduled to be bottled tomorrow. That little sentence in kits that says a gassy wine will not clear is true. Thank goodness for my AIO. Finally got it to clear.Is there a date they are to be judged set yet?

Shipped mine out today. Dave should receive his on Thursday and rod on Friday. I forgot to write my name on one of my entries. They have a small masking tape label on the top that says "Pa". For peach apricot.

I should buy stock in UPS. $44.83 to ship the 2 bottles. I think from now on I'll be risking sending my wines usps with flat rate boxes. What a ripoff.

Hope the judges enjoy my wine.
good luck everyone!

I don't think I'm gonna be able to come out and play. Just spent 1/2 the night trying to degas. I just wanted to let everyone know so you know why I'm Mia. I'm not throwing the towel in just yet it's clearing nice and has a good taste I'm gonna try to get it there but if I don't, I wish all my fellow tweakers GOOD LUCK!

Mine has not been bottled yet also. I hope to do this saturday. If not then crap I guess I am out as I leave sunday for the WI fresh fruit and Vegetable conference and dont get back till late Tuesday. Back to work wednesday and chasing kids off to varios activities the rest next week. I will keep you posted.

Sending out my vinegar today. Wrapped in a diaper in case of explosion. :)

I don't think I'm gonna be able to come out and play. Just spent 1/2 the night trying to degas. I just wanted to let everyone know so you know why I'm Mia. I'm not throwing the towel in just yet it's clearing nice and has a good taste I'm gonna try to get it there but if I don't, I wish all my fellow tweakers GOOD LUCK!

Hope the degassing worked. I had problems as well but once I got it out, it cleared within a few days. Maybe there should be a sparkling/cloudy wine category.
Just curious, did you use fresh fruit in yours? I did and suspect that may have been the issue.

Calvin's came in this afternoon, safe and sound. Interesting packaging, Calvin.

Sparkling wine is totally acceptable, Lori!

Hmmm .... seems like one of the two competition bottles has disappeared. Either I misplaced it, or my wife took it (thinking it was one of the IM GAR from the prior batch).

I will be bottling mine this weekend and I hope to send it out on Monday. I like the idea of wrapping it in a diaper haha. Is FedEx or the USPS cheaper than UPS?

Calvin's came in this afternoon, safe and sound. Interesting packaging, Calvin.

Sparkling wine is totally acceptable, Lori!

I have 1000 can coozies with the wrong phone number on them

It is my understanding that it is illegal to ship wine or any liquid by usps

Island mist contest

okay i found the time to bottle to day and will ship ,by monday,quick turn around for a mist kit hope all is well.

16.jpg

7 added simple syrup.jpg

13 (2).jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

15 (2).jpg

Found my stash, and it's sent off. I did some tweaking, but not much. Just want to know if it tastes like it should (my technique is right).

I'd like to know the kit name/flavor and what tweaks were done on all of your entries. I might want to make some of these.

I plan to have my tasting next Friday night (1/30). Are there any of you that might not have your wines shipped by then. I can put it off if necessary but I need to know.

There is no way I can have mine done by then. I suppose I'll have to bow out. Things have been too hectic and I thought we had a bit more time. Oh well, mebbe next time

There is no way I can have mine done by then. I suppose I'll have to bow out. Things have been too hectic and I thought we had a bit more time. Oh well, mebbe next time

Would another week help. I can wait.

Latest posts

Back