WMT (Unofficial) Mist Wine Contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If my schedule doesn't ease up some, I may not be done in time. Being a coupon clippin' momma is HARD WORK! But were saving like cray-cray for our new home.

We shall see what becomes of my wines.

Anyone wanna volunteer to come help me move my cellar this spring? Lol

After what you did for the last contest, I would hate for you to give up! If it wasn't so far, I would come help. Don't give up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Bottled my peach apricot Chardonnay tonight. It has turned out fantastic.

My tweaks
Up'ed the og to 1.085 including half the f pack
2 tsp. tannin
1 cup of oak to primary

After fermentation I sweetened with the remaining 1/2 of the f pack. Too dry. Ended up adding two cups of sugar to get the finished wine to 1.010. It is sweet but very good

I was contemplating some other tweaks but didn't want to go too far and ruin my kit. I am happy with the results and hope the judges are too.

Gina. I hope you stay in the competition. It would be a shame for you to miss out

Bottled my peach apricot Chardonnay tonight. It has turned out fantastic.

My tweaks
Up'ed the og to 1.085 including half the f pack
2 tsp. tannin
1 cup of oak to primary

After fermentation I sweetened with the remaining 1/2 of the f pack. Too dry. Ended up adding two cups of sugar to get the finished wine to 1.010. It is sweet but very good

I was contemplating some other tweaks but didn't want to go too far and ruin my kit. I am happy with the results and hope the judges are too.

Gina. I hope you stay in the competition. It would be a shame for you to miss out

Can't wait to try this one.

It was a hit at our thanksgiving get together. Hope I do better than I did in the dragon blood contest

Man, I'm really sorry I missed this one.

It sounds like everyone is having a good time and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

This is such a creative bunch.

look at the first few posts. Judging has been moved to February.

Man, I'm really sorry I missed this one.

It sounds like everyone is having a good time and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

This is such a creative bunch.

Go for it! There's still time. Most of these Mist style kits can be ready in 6 weeks.

Am I missing something here, where is the wine sent to
I see the dates and all, but where are the entries mailed

Before judging time the judges will pm you there addresses. You just have to let everyone know your in and get your kit started.

Oh ok

Before judging time the judges will pm you there addresses. You just have to let everyone know your in and get your kit started.

Already have one almost ready
Bottling this week end
Orchard Breezin Mist Blackberry Merlot
So I am in
Thanks

I have been keeping my nose out of this to give the contestants time to talk smack...not much. I have now changed the OP to reflect the change in judging to early February.

So, how many entries are we anticipating? What's the list look like so far? Anyone keeping track, or am I suppose to do that? :d

Dave,

I came up with a list of contestants.

Drumlineridge winery
Joe
Lori
Mogwai
Rotgut
Calvin
richmke
Peaches
Asterof
Jojabri

Glad your still in Gina!

Last edited:
I suppose keep me in. I'm sure I'll find a minute somewhere between now and February to do something with the mess of carboys on my kitchen counter

Just finished the racking to clear, and the IM is developing nicely. I would like it to age and clear some more.

Logistical questions:

1) What is the cutoff date for you to receive entries?
2) One bottle?
3) Will you let the bottles sit for a month to recover from bottling/shipping shock before you judge them?

zinfandel pomegranate wine

done ready for fpac if need will let sit till shipping date.

IMG_20141023_155353808.jpg

Regret that I had to drop out. Any idea on the next competition?

I propose a pissing match! Just not on my rug. It really ties the room together.

I mean a skeeter pee contest

Chase you still have time. Get started ASAP.

cranberry melbec

can you tell us what was your tweaks on this one it sounds interesting.:pic

Latest posts

Back