WMT (Unofficial) Mist Wine Contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I meant with my last entry- Red Hot Dragon Blood - but it sounds good with anything Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I have 2 kits already made but the only tweak is that I upped the alcohol content from 6% to about 14-15%.

Would this count as a proper tweak?

No already made wines, RotGit76. Sorry.

Now, if you were to start a new batch, you're in.

Island mist kits

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION LORI ,NO ,NOTHING YOUNGER THAT 1 TO 2 YEARS OLD..BUT THIS ONE I PROMISE WILL BE WITH IN THE LIMITED TIMEFRAME...:dg

IMG_20141023_155351280.jpg

I'm glad you're joining us, Joe. You are most welcome. Do you think you could do some recruiting for us over at the big and bold contest?

Island mist kits

okay people this is a chance to have fun and show off your wares,,who' in ????????????no body really looses on this forum..time to play,lori's in ,i'm in who else???

IMG_20141023_155351280.jpg

Since Joe is "baring" his kit, I will say that I am making an Orchard Breezin kit. I won't go into details just yet so as not divulge any secrets. But it is a day away from going into secondary.

Is there a maximum start date on these? I also started one in mid September right before the contest announcement, would that be too aged by January to qualify?

it's the one in the foreground.

E603DEBD-C919-4C75-8697-4F171E6D4C0E.jpg

Island mist kits

do your best lady:HB who else is in I'm counting,are you?:HB that's 3.........:dg

so far we have

Drumlineridge winery
Jojabri
chasemandingo
Joe
Lori
Mogwai
Rotgut
Me

We might have to do some recruiting or Rod and Dave are going to have some pretty pathetic wine judging parties.

Who else is in?

This is what I see from previous posts;
@Jojabri
@RotGut76
@chasemandingo
@Mogwai913
@calvin
@joeswine
@richmke
@chasemandingo
@Rodnboro
@drumlinridgewinery@peaches9324
@LoneStarLori

Here's a thought. How about go for an early February timeframe? Even though these are early drinkers, tweaking, especially using fresh fruit makes it a little slower to mature. At least I would think it does. Also, it would give more people a chance to jump in that might be in the fence.

Any opinions ..

Last edited:
This is what I see from previous posts;
@Jojabri
@Rotgut
@chasemandigo
@Mogwai913
@calvin
@joeswine
@richmke
@chasemandingo
@Rodnboro
@drumlinridgewinery
@LoneStarLori

Here's a thought. How about go for an early February timeframe? Even though these are early drinkers, tweaking, especially using fresh fruit makes it a little slower to mature. At least I would think it does. Also, it would give more people a chance to jump in that might be in the fence.

Any opinions ..[/QUOTE

I think lori has a point especially with the holiday fast approaching :mny Not to mention the mailing rush

Last edited:
I started mine last week. It is bubbling along and smelling good. A February due date sounds good to me.

20141027_120854-1.jpg

I'm down with February, with our home buying process, teaching couponning classes (and my own couponning), my uncle's passing, and the clean up of his HOARDED house, I haven't had time to breathe and be a wife/mother let alone a wine maker. LOL at my two kits and sitting on my counter all month and frozen fruit taking up much needed space in my freezer.

I intend on firing up tonight, assuming I don't collapse of exhaustion again...

Such is life as they say.

February works for me too. Every day that passes mine will get a little more age on it ;).

Wine makers are a humble bunch. I would expect at least a little bit of trash talk considering this is a contest. Sounds like we are getting a pretty good showing now too. The more people that beat me will just show me how much I can improve my skills.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
February is fine. Consider it official. Take your time, folks. We're in no hurry, here. I can push my retriement party back a few weeks. What do I care!

The best part will be getting paid for not working. What a great system! :db(x10)

Latest posts

Back