WMT (Unofficial) Mist Wine Contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
February is fine. Consider it official. Take your time, folks. We're in no hurry, here. I can push my retriement party back a few weeks. What do I care!

The best part will be getting paid for not working. What a great system! :db(x10)

How can I apply for that job?

And thanks for the extension. There is just so much going on between now and then, I think it will bring in a few more contenders if they have more time to contemplate a strategy.

just let me know when. I have lots of crappy I mean great wine to send to this. Several kits started in the last month with some tweaks here and there. White Zin and a cranberry malbec. Both looking fine

Hints anyone on what's fermenting? There's not enough posts here.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I'm doing OB. Strawberry sensation. Hoping to make it anything but.

It has been a little quiet in here. I'm excited to get to try everyone's wines. I bet they're going to be awesome! Not like that Wlech's Contest...:h

I have 2 possible submissions. One is peach infused, the other pear infused. And BTW, if shipping is going to be stupid-expensy, I'll be driving my submission to Dave. At least I can call it a semi-vacation, visit some family, and pick up some cheap equipment on the journey. Assuming that's cool w/ Dave.

You are more than welcome, Gina. Just let me know. We'll leave the light on for ya.

Islannd mist

HERE IS WHERE I'M AT IN THE PROCESS...:wy SITTING IN THE SECONDARY ,I'LL RACK THIS WEEK AND DEGASS IF NECESSARY..THE ZIN/POM IS MARCHING ON.

IMG_20141023_155351280.jpg

IMG_20141104_182217624.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1415676779.563679.jpg

My peach apricot Chardonnay looks like it is almost ready to bottle. It tastes good but I don't see it winning any contests. It might get another tweak or two. I just need to figure out how to improve it

calvin let it age a bit in the carboy the flavors need to integrate a lil more looks good though!
:b

Can't wait to taste these. I won't be judging, but I will be tasting!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Looking great everyone! I feel honored with the chance to try them all. Thanks for sticking with us, Joe.

There's still plenty of time for anyone else to join in. Everyone should be asking for kits for (early) Xmas anyway!

So I am gonna have to bow out of this one unfortunately. I have caught the beer bug and jumped to the dark side for a little while. Please don't hate me!

Come on everyone! We have room for more contestants. Still plenty of time. Judging isn't scheduled until February. Who else wants in?

What is everyone making? I know this is a competition but there is no reason to keep what your making a secret. As I've posted already, I am making a WE Island Mist Peach Apricot Chardonnay. It's coming along nicely. I may start another kit and send the best of the two?

Good luck every one!

If my schedule doesn't ease up some, I may not be done in time. Being a coupon clippin' momma is HARD WORK! But were saving like cray-cray for our new home.

We shall see what becomes of my wines.

Anyone wanna volunteer to come help me move my cellar this spring? Lol

Latest posts

Back