WMT question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wannabe

Reaction score
Just curious about the history of this site. I'd enjoy knowing how it came about, when it actually started, are founding members still active. Just some general info if anyone would like to share

I know TxBrew started this for his lovely wife I believe many years ago I dont know if she just fell out of the passion or just the site or what but it was going pretty good at one point and then it kind of fell apart due to no administration and spammers went awry on here. I had registered here and was checking in regularly while also Modding FVW's site when TxBrew asked if anyone was interested in administrating this site and I grabbed it up hoping I could turn it around. With the help some of the mods now, St Allie as the Spaminator, Tom, and a friend named Smurfe and of coarse TxBrew who owns this site and keeps it up to date we pulled this site back together and killed all the Spam. I arranged it the way I though it should be at least I did it this way as it helps keep the place less cluttered and easier to find certain specific threads when needed. I dont know much about what was before I was here though.

I know TxBrew started this for his lovely wife I believe many years ago I dont know if she just fell out of the passion or just the site or what but it was going pretty good at one point and then it kind of fell apart due to no administration and spammers went awry on here. I had registered here and was checking in regularly while also Modding FVW's site when TxBrew asked if anyone was interested in administrating this site and I grabbed it up hoping I could turn it around. With the help some of the mods now, St Allie as the Spaminator, Tom, and a friend named Smurfe and of coarse TxBrew who owns this site and keeps it up to date we pulled this site back together and killed all the Spam. I arranged it the way I though it should be at least I did it this way as it helps keep the place less cluttered and easier to find certain specific threads when needed. I dont know much about what was before I was here though.

I only joined a little over a year ago but I have to say that the Moderators have done a spectacular job at keeping the site spam free and filled with useful information. They allow members to go off topic to just the right point then bring the conversations back where they need to be.

I think that Wade and all the mods have done a great job with this site. I would have to say that IMO that it is the best wine making forum on the Internet. Thanks.

Mike

Of the 6 wine talk forums I found and joined, this is the only one I visit anymore. Because of the way its run, and the personality of those on the forum.

That made all my hairs stand up and I mean that in a good way.

Of the 6 wine talk forums I found and joined, this is the only one I visit anymore. Because of the way its run, and the personality of those on the forum.

If you look when I joined it was before Wade. Back then Spam was rampent so I didnt come back. Now, we have controlled it thanks to all the Mods and of course our leader.
Yes I agree we all like to let our hair down (if you have any) and have fum with each other. Kinda livens it up.

Who would have thunk it when I started a thread ( what R you doing today?) it would be a all time HIGHEST thread

We all know that this is the best forum. I want to hear more about Wade's hair. Are there any pics? :b

That made all my hairs stand up and I mean that.

I want to hear more about Wade's hair. Are there any pics? :b

Luker I supppose there are some people that show excitment in different ways. Being the good person I am I will not make any speculations.

WindowLicker-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back