Wisconsin winemaker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weaverschmitz

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a backyard winemaker in the suburbs of Madison, Wisconsin. I have a small vineyard with 100 vines and a variety of fruit such as raspberry, strawberry, mulberry, cherry, rhubarb, and blackberry. My goal is to eventually make an ice wine. I've been making wine for about 8 years and I look forward to learning from others on this forum.

Welcome to the forum, Weaverschmitz. That sounds like a very nice little vineyard and you certainly have access to a lot of fruit. What variety of grape, if I may ask? What wines have you made?

Welcome Weaverschmitz. You have a great back yard. You must have something turning ripe just about every month from Spring to Fall.

I tried to make Mulberry wine back when I was in high school. It was a disaster. I'm sure I could make it much better today!

Primarily Frontenac and St. Pepin grapes. Yes, we are harvesting something from May to October. My mulberry wine isn't tuning out as I hoped so I'm adding Everclear and making a port. We'll see if that helps. Thanks for the warm welcome!

welcome fellow badger, plenty of help here on the forum, you will learn alot as well as be able to help and add ideas, prosit!!!

Latest posts

Back