winery names

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Help me name my Winery!

• Promise Manor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Southern Serinity

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Hazy Daze

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Lazy Daze

• Kimberly Vinyards

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Thirsty Tiger

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whatever name you pick, be sure you run a check to see if it is taken so you don't become subject to a lawsuit. Yellow Hammer Brewery is located in Huntsville, Ala., and I doubt my friend Keith who is the brewmaster will want you using their trademarked name, so that's out.

No way you are going to do well with Crimson Tigers. Ya dun pissed off both sides then! You also need to know that ALL University of Alabama and Auburn University logos, names and symbols are trademarked, and I know U of A defends use of those trademarks to the hilt, no matter the business size. (I used to be in advertising, so I know this stuff.) BTW, so is "Ironbowl," just FYI.

Divided House or House Divided might work. You have to check.

I like Southern Serenity but there are a number of Southern Serenity businesses in Alabama, and then there's this: https://www.facebook.com/southernserenityna?ref=stream

If you go commercial, ya gotta dig deeper and find something truly unique to avoid any possible legal entanglements later. My favorite winery name right now is Fat Bastard. Now those two guys who started that dug deep!

Again with your labels, some suggestions here are not going to fly because the images of those folks are registered and are still in estate use, if they are dead.

It is not easy to begin a commercial enterprise with a suit-proof name and logo. That's how we got so many goofy named cars!

I am from the same neck of the woods as Bernard, and I can do without seeing a picture of a race horse or potatoe chip for quite some time. I have had my fill of lifetime.

I run my wine under the label of "Heggen's Homemade", simply because that is who I am and that is what it is!

I liked the idea of Chopper Doctor, but shortened to Choppdoc, which when said quickly becomes somewhat exotic.

For the record my favorite beer company name is Pork Slab!

But I voted for Thirsty Tiger.
It is silly and fun and can be a good visual if you have the right picture.
If you think about it we are making wine in our basements, we dont need to have pretentious names as if we were from Napa Valley!

I voted for Southern Serenity. It imparts an expectation that I think will be quite satisfied with your wines.

I go with what fab said. Elmer I get the horse thing with Saratoga, but what does potato chips have to do with it....

Whatever name you pick, be sure you run a check to see if it is taken so you don't become subject to a lawsuit. Yellow Hammer Brewery is located in Huntsville, Ala., and I doubt my friend Keith who is the brewmaster will want you using their trademarked name, so that's out.

No way you are going to do well with Crimson Tigers. Ya dun pissed off both sides then! You also need to know that ALL University of Alabama and Auburn University logos, names and symbols are trademarked, and I know U of A defends use of those trademarks to the hilt, no matter the business size. (I used to be in advertising, so I know this stuff.) BTW, so is "Ironbowl," just FYI.

Divided House or House Divided might work. You have to check.

I like Southern Serenity but there are a number of Southern Serenity businesses in Alabama, and then there's this: https://www.facebook.com/southernserenityna?ref=stream

If you go commercial, ya gotta dig deeper and find something truly unique to avoid any possible legal entanglements later. My favorite winery name right now is Fat Bastard. Now those two guys who started that dug deep!

Again with your labels, some suggestions here are not going to fly because the images of those folks are registered and are still in estate use, if they are dead.

It is not easy to begin a commercial enterprise with a suit-proof name and logo. That's how we got so many goofy named cars!

All very good points! Fortunately I have no intention of going commercial, or even selling a single bottle for that matter. But now I am really rethinking some stuff.

James, potato chips were first made in Saratoga Springs. In fact, they were called "Saratoga Chips" early on.

Yeah... And Chips MAY have been first made here in Saratoga. According to the story some VIP kept on sending his french fries back to the chef because they were not cut thin enough. In a passive aggressive response the chef in exasperation cut them wafer thin and chips as we know them were the result... That's the story... But Saratoga also used to claim that Don Mclean wrote American Pie in a cafe here in town (Caffe Lena) but last year (or the year before) Mclean was reported to have said that the song was in fact written elsewhere although he may have sung it here for the first time.

All very good points! Fortunately I have no intention of going commercial, or even selling a single bottle for that matter. But now I am really rethinking some stuff.

If it is not for commercial use, you are fine with whatever you choose. I misunderstood your OP.

Latest posts

Back