Winemaking area

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
install drainage pipes and process( small rocks under and above the pipes for the water to drain into the pieps)
Sounds like they installed a french drain. I was worried about relying on a sump pump alone until I read that part. Water pressure that is high enough to make a little spring fountain in your basement is probably high enough to completely heave your basement floor and/or walls. French drains are magical.

I'm assuming that the ground around your home is level or even upslope on one or two sides?

Trashy, the front yard is about 3' higher than the back amd they are 8" pipes that are cemented back over.

WOW is Right!! The pictures say a thousand words Wade, Keep up the good work!!

All walls that needed it were plastic covered and insulated. All
sheetrock was finished, taped , and 1st coat of compounded. I think I
drank 2 much coffee today as I also weed-wacked and mowd the yard today
also.

20070512_195731_basement_Large.jpg

Lookin good Wade and I see plenty of fermenting going on in there soon!

Now, I am jealous! Wade you are a man within men! You start out a project and the determination you process is outstanding. IT is so nice to have a handy man in the family. And, speaking of family, since we are all family here, I could use some help with a few home modifications myself. Bring your family and come on out for a working vacation. Plenty of wine will be shared throughout the time, free meals, fresh country air, with just a few minor modifications!
smiley36.gif

Wade, I cant beleive how fast you have come to get to that step ,WOW. again. The plug in sockets are the same hight as the toggle switch, did u do that because of the counter or for another reason, or did you do that for all of them in the room.

Hopefully I can get around to sanding and applying 2nd coat of compound
tomorrow and sand that Tuesday and start priming. I would really like
to get some batches started this coming weekend whether I have trim up or not!

2nd coat of compound is on and will sand and start priming tomorrow for sure! I hate sanding compound, yuck!

Sanded again and had to do just a few touch ups but will be ready to
prime tonight. going with a pure white latex to be easier to clean and
brighten up the room not that I need as I bought a 4' wrap around with
4 light bulbs in it!
smiley38.gif
Hope I didnt go overboard with too much lighting but I hate a dim light.

Wade, A little trick that I did when we moved in to this dump was mix about a quart of joint compound with a gallon of white flate paint. This will thicken te paint to help fill those imperfection and is completely sandable. You can add more mud if you have some tough spots to do, like old wall paper etc...... Works like a charm to hide those small imperfections and still roll out smooth.

By the way, I know it must be my computer settings or something, but I can't see any new pictures, May 12th was the last one I can see, I know you must have posted many more since then.................. sigh........Edited by: jobe05

It would look the same as it did on the 12th with the exception of more
coats of compound. It is all sanded and ready to prime in a little
while. Gotta let the dust settle as I just finished sanding all the
touch up spots.

Edited by: wade

Heres one for you anyway right before priming. Oh and by
the way, there is running water but I wont use it and when I do I will
change that outlet to a gfci outlet.

20070515_183142_basement_003_La.jpg

smiley32.gif
Coming along nicely indeed Wade, but whatI would like to know is how your getting away with only doing your wine room and not the rest of the basement at the same time lol, surely she must be catching on
smiley36.gif

Cause she wants to get all my wine stuff out of everywhere else in the
house. I have 5 carboys in our bedroom along with 7 cases of wine and
all my supplies like k-meta, racking cane, about 30 various size bungs,
etc. And also 30 bottles of champagne that are riddling right now. In
my hall closet I have another 5 ceses of wine, in my sons closet I have
another 9 cases of wine. Under my kitchen table there is another 2
cases of wine. That is why I get to do the wine room 1st, the wine
storage next, then the bedroom last.

Latest posts

Back