Winemaking area

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade you are very handy, I wishI had your talents. Bu there is one thing I want to say Hurry up already and finish , I need help with mine!!
smiley2.gif

Oh Trigham, Ive only just begun down there.I have to also do our new
bedroom and wine storage room down there. I just have to do the wine
room 1st as I have supplies everywhere in the house and need to get
started on 4 batches as we speak.

Well I roughed in all the electrical today and and will have it all
wired tommorow. It took a little while as when I uncovered some of the
old boxes I found some wires that were pretty old ( fiber coated) which
were not up to my liking so I pulled them all and relaced them all the
way from the breaker box. Sheetrock is getting delivered on Wed. or
Thurs. then the fun begins.

Don't nothing beat "doing it right the first time buddy". You are definately creating an envious wine making area. Great job !!

Wade, Very nice work on the cabinets and counter top! I can visiona few glasses of vino being served...

I completed by basement remodel this spring. I thought... this is a three month night and weekend project........ well nine months later I was done... but not finished.

Now I have to build a wine rack, get that flat panel TV, more confortable furniture to relax with and the list keeps growing.

So remember this is a journey and will likely take a bit longer than planned. BUT you'll have one heck of a nice space to enjoy for many many years. Kudo's on the progress and continued success.

Thanks Michael! Im in no rush for the rest of the basement and like you this is an after work and weekend project.

Well my brother, the licenced electrician heard what I was doing and
demanded he helped to make sure it is done right which is who i learned
from and helped rough in the wiring the other day and said hed be back
yesterday to help finish. No show no call and called a few minutes ago
and asked me if I was expecting to see him today and I said no but what
happened yeterday. He is currently layed off and does nothing as we
speak(no side jobs). Kind of ticks me off as now I feel that I have to
wait for him as he asked to help. If he dont show up tommorow to finish
I will and its not going to be a pretty family sitution. Lesson learned
- just say no thanks next time. I have my sheetrock and would have had
this wiring already finished and done right as I know when Im over my
head as I will be when I get to the next area of the basement as I dont
know how many outlets can typically be run off 1 breaker safely and
thats when I would have called him over. Play the waiting game now!

Hi Wade

For me it always depends on a few things, what do I plan on running on the plug. If it is hi demand I have run a line for each plug, In Alberta the most you can have is 4 outlets per 15amp breaker. They must also be no further than 12' apart. An lighting fixture is also considered and outlet.

Grant

It is going to be a bedroom and I dont know the code here as towns vary
much. I know I dont need a separate breaker for each outlet as it will
be 2 lights, 2 alarm clocks, a tv. I'll probaqbly run 2 breakers since
Im sure mt wife will want to run an air conditiner also.

You should check the codes for this. A lot of areas are requiring Arc Fault breakers in bedrooms now for fire safety. Don't forget a smoke detector also with battery backup. New houses require interconnected smoke detectors with battery backup. I can't say for sure in your area, best to check local regulations.

Maybetry not toget the electric inspected when you are done...with all the building codes they might not allow a bedroom without an Egress window.

Some friends put a bedroom in a lower area of their house with a smaller window. When it came time to sell, one of the buyers couldn't get a loan unless they put in an Egress escape area...they did hammer out the cement wall and installed a larger window that opened like a little door and had a cement area outside like stairs...It was built so rain water couldn't flood it.

So, just call it an office if any permit people come around.....but every state is different with their building codes.

That's a good point NW. Wade does have a walkout basement, so he may have a large enough window for that room anyway. Wade has worked construction long enough he probably already knows this? It's always best to be safe and go over rather than under when safety is involved.

Im not getting it inspected as the town has been charging me for
a finished basement and central air and 3 fireplaces for 5 years before
we noticed and we just had it re-evaluated and had our taxes pro rated
because we have none of those (UNTIL NOW)! Not to mention that the
ceiling height is not code either so that might cause a problem. The
electrical is finally finished, now to play sheetrock man.

Got the ceiling up all by myself and only took the 2 x 4 x 7' (T)
that I made to help lift the rock to the head once. Ouch, that
hurt!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost knocked me out!
smiley11.gif

wade said:
Got the ceiling up all by myself and only took the 2 x 4 x 7' (T) that I made to help lift the rock to the head once. Ouch, that hurt!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost knocked me out!
smiley11.gif

Phewwww
smiley32.gif
Thank god it hit something hard, lol Come on wade we wanna see the pictures step by step.

Just for you Trigham, oh and you NW, okay and Jobe, oh and Applke, waldo, masta, oh okay all of you!

Heres the wiring and also the 3rd cab in the middle.
20070511_193343_Electrical_and_.jpg

Heres the green sheetrock (Water Resistant)! I saw jobes pic of his
wineroom and might steal his idea of the peg board backer wall! I will
sheetrock and paint first and just make a frame that sticks out enogh
to insert the pegs.

20070511_193638_Green_sheetrock.jpg

Thats not the light thats going up there (temp), I bought a 4" wrap-around but will wait to hang it until all taped and painted.

Edited by: wade

Wade, I got your PM and you won't be stealing just my idea, I see a lot of wine makers who have done the same thing behind their work area. It does make it nice to hang things and organize everything. With all the new holders that you can buy these days that fit into peg board, your options for organization is almost endless.

The room is really coming along well and I can't wait to see you in full swing in there, However! In one of the pics above, I see a what looks like a water line behind your wall. I think your going to regret not hooking up a cheap $30 laundry sink while you had the chance.

Are you just working on the wine room, or are all The rooms down there at this stage?Edited by: jobe05

I received some spare parts from work today from my boss today for
giving him a few bottles wine. These were left over from a job
taht were applied to the colonial side ( The side with balusters) of a
stringer. They are stain grade( real wood not pressed and glue
composite like alot of them are. They are White oak and probably apply
them to the top rail of the peg board frame. These are called Appliques
or stringer brackets when applied to the side of a stair.

20070511_201529_Applique.jpg

WOW!!! It's all coming along so nicely...Keep those photos coming....this is almost as exciting as being there...this way we are all part of it....we all sure have given enough suggestions.

Latest posts

Back