Wine-related books

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Rich

Junior
Reaction score
Before and since our trip to Italy last summer my wife and I have spent hours reading books about Italy, and most recently about Italian wine. If you're interested, I suggest 2 by Ferenc Mate, The Hills of Tuscany, and, A Vineyard in Tuscany. I'd like to hear suggestions from others for books about or related to wine, not necessarily about how to make it but rather how it is interwoven into life.

Rich, my sister gave me "The Wine Bible" which has everything in it!!! Wonderful book.

moz-screenshot.jpg
20080314_060814_stopperDrawing.gif

this is an example of an ancient wine label, on a stopper found in an egyptian tomb. 2500 bc. Below is a really good book that I highly reccomend
<div ="titlewrap"><h2 ="title">Ancient Wine: The Search for the Origins of Viniculture</h2>By Patrick E. McGovern</span>

My favorite book has been "Grossman's Guide to Wines, Spirits and Beers." The first edition came out in 1940. My copy is a 1964 fourth edition. The most recent edition is 1983, where they changed the title to "Grossman's Guide to Wines, Beers and Spirits."

I've always loved the pictures on the front of these earlier editions, especially the tasting room on the lower right, with its red/white checked tablecloth, and the diamond wine racks in the background.
20080323_125856_grossmanguideR.jpg

My "still life" pictures commemorating each batch of wine include couple bottles of wine, a checked tablecloth, and diamond rack.

20080323_131313_hpim5736R.jpg

I like Ronald S. Jacksons Wine Science. And of course the bible, Jeff Cox From Vine to Wine.

Latest posts

Back