Wine rack and storage

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

B-well4200

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a 50 bottle wine cooler and its full and I have about 15 gallons of wine going now. I am going need more storage for my wine and I prefer to build my own wine racks. I was wondering if anyone here has built their own and may want to post some pics and ideas for me... I am kinda at a stand still and I am looking for some ideas. Thanks.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
B, click on ALBUMS and take a look at some of the racks Wade built. I think there are some other ideas in here but am not sure where they are. Look through the albums, and if not I think Wade started a new thread about storage, look through the home page section, you will find plenty of ideas there.
IMO, you'd be crazy to spend hundreds of dollars on a wine rack you could make for pennies. Do you have a cellar?
Troy
:b

Sacalait

Reaction score
I've resorted to using plastic storage bins with lids because the 70 bottle rack I built was soon at capacity. The bins work well for me cause they're easy to store and hold around 40 bottles.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
You can just google wine rack plans and have usually many to look at also.

B-well4200

Reaction score
No, I do not have a cellar which poses another issue. I did look through some old threads and saw the commercial rack from Sam's. I may go that route for $85 you really can't build one for too much cheaper. I am going to continue rack my brain for alittle while.

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
No, I do not have a cellar which poses another issue. I did look through some old threads and saw the commercial rack from Sam's. I may go that route for $85 you really can't build one for too much cheaper. I am going to continue rack my brain for alittle while.
Ha ha ha wine rack your brain you mean.lol
:r:h sorry I love puns!

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
Have a look on your local ebay site for second hand wine racks. I got both of mine that way and it's certainly cheaper than making your own.

Allie

Tom

Reaction score
In a bind you can lay milk crates on their side tilted to the back and lay the bottles in it.

Malkore

Reaction score
I looked at the 'show us your cellar' thread and a few guy's did DIY modular wooden racks. I PM'd them and a few sent me their plans.
Sadly I'm a horrible woodworker, but someday I'll convince my father in law to build a few for me.

B-well4200

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I just spent an a$$ load on a fruit press, so I'm going to try and delay as long as I can on this project.... probably end bulk aging awhile!:p

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
Your not kidding about how expensive the presses are!!:( My sister has one she gave my brother in law as a decorator piece and now it is going to get some use.:h Hope he doesn't mind.:b

Latest posts