Wine rack and storage

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-well4200

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a 50 bottle wine cooler and its full and I have about 15 gallons of wine going now. I am going need more storage for my wine and I prefer to build my own wine racks. I was wondering if anyone here has built their own and may want to post some pics and ideas for me... I am kinda at a stand still and I am looking for some ideas. Thanks.

B, click on ALBUMS and take a look at some of the racks Wade built. I think there are some other ideas in here but am not sure where they are. Look through the albums, and if not I think Wade started a new thread about storage, look through the home page section, you will find plenty of ideas there.
IMO, you'd be crazy to spend hundreds of dollars on a wine rack you could make for pennies. Do you have a cellar?
Troy
:b

I've resorted to using plastic storage bins with lids because the 70 bottle rack I built was soon at capacity. The bins work well for me cause they're easy to store and hold around 40 bottles.

You can just google wine rack plans and have usually many to look at also.

No, I do not have a cellar which poses another issue. I did look through some old threads and saw the commercial rack from Sam's. I may go that route for $85 you really can't build one for too much cheaper. I am going to continue rack my brain for alittle while.

No, I do not have a cellar which poses another issue. I did look through some old threads and saw the commercial rack from Sam's. I may go that route for $85 you really can't build one for too much cheaper. I am going to continue rack my brain for alittle while.
Ha ha ha wine rack your brain you mean.lol
:r:h sorry I love puns!

Have a look on your local ebay site for second hand wine racks. I got both of mine that way and it's certainly cheaper than making your own.

Allie

In a bind you can lay milk crates on their side tilted to the back and lay the bottles in it.

I looked at the 'show us your cellar' thread and a few guy's did DIY modular wooden racks. I PM'd them and a few sent me their plans.
Sadly I'm a horrible woodworker, but someday I'll convince my father in law to build a few for me.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I just spent an a$$ load on a fruit press, so I'm going to try and delay as long as I can on this project.... probably end bulk aging awhile!:p

Your not kidding about how expensive the presses are!!:( My sister has one she gave my brother in law as a decorator piece and now it is going to get some use.:h Hope he doesn't mind.:b

Latest posts

Back