Wine on a tight budget

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on the cheap-o wines.The 3 gallons of cranberry is done,and has been stabilized,and backsweetened to 1012sg.It sounds high,but it has so much flavor and tartness that it took more to balance it out.Its really good.The other 3 gallon batch with 9 cans of concord,and 3 cans of cranberry is also done,and has been backsweetened to 1010sg.It has loads of flavor,and took more sugar to balance out because of the extra flavor it has.It is also really good,and is a big improvement over the old 2 cans per gallon recipes.The cranberry tartness just enhances the grape flavor,and is not dominate.
The gallon of apple/cherry is about done,and I will be reporting on it soon.
Tueaday evening I started a 5 gallon batch of cranberry with 19 cans of old orchard frozen cranberry,and 1 pound of sugar.I added 5 tsps of tartaric acid,and a tsp and a 1/4 of tannin,2 tsps of DAP,2 tsps of pectic enzyme,and 1 pack of cotes de blanc.the starting gravity was 1110sg.That puts the alc% at about 15%,and the yeast should die at 13-13.5% so it should have a little sugar left at the end.It will save me the trouble of backsweetening if it works out as planned.
lockdude

Latest posts

Back