wine level

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juventude

Reaction score
I made up a strawberry wine and right now it is in the carboy, which I filled up till right under the neck, the fermentation is strongly on the way, do I have to worry about the space left in the Carboy or shell I leave it as it is untill the next racking (2 months time)

Hopefully you don't have too much wine in the carboy since you're going through a strong fermentation. Your level is high enough until your sg reaches about 1.01 then I would top up and put your wine under airlock.

Monitor it closely IMO. What is the sg as it stands right now as anything near 1.040 is very risky to be in a carboy at this point of the game!

Monitor it closely IMO. What is the sg as it stands right now as anything near 1.040 is very risky to be in a carboy at this point of the game!

As Wade says, it is risky if your s.g. is still high. The risky part is you may be in line to find out about a wine volcano. I would make sure the carboy is sitting in a tray, a large tub or even a large garbage bag. If the wine erupts, it is much easier to clean up. Give you one guess how I know. LOL, Arne.

The volcano part I guess is over, now I only need to clear out if the co2 will protect the wine till the first racking?...

Latest posts

Back