Wine Cooler questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sp33dymonk3y

Reaction score
Okay I have a couple questions about wine coolers. One is can I just add co2 to my wine and bam be a wine cooler? Secondly where can you find 12 oz clear beer bottles?!!?!! Like Smirnoff bottles.. Only ambers ones out their..

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Modelo especial. I searched around for non twist off miller high life. No luck. Corona bottles have an embossed label. I think would be to much work to remove.

I just bottled a batch of skeeter pee in the modelo bottles. I bought a double lever bottle capper and it didn't work with the modelo bottles. I had to take it back and get a bench capper.

Well crap.. Have you tried to pump co2 in your wine? I'm thinking about making a gallon of strawberry lime wine and let it ferment then back sweeten then pump co2 in it.. Any ideas on how it would taste?

How do you plan to pump co2 into your wine. I am no expert but I think you would have to keg it?

You can use the corona bottles. The regular ones clean the label off pretty good with white vinegar. The corona extra leave a shadow of the writing with the vinegar, but they are still useable. Just soak em in the vinegar a while, wipe them off and give them a good bath. Good luck with it, Arne.

Okay thanks, and yes a Cornelius keg, is this how they make sparkling wine?

Latest posts

Back