Wine cooler bottling ... 7% abv in beer bottles with caps?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shurt1073

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the next couple of weeks my Pink Lemonade and Hurricane wine coolers will be ready to bottle. I have plenty of 750ml bottles, and several 1.5L bottles but I wondered if its possible to use 12 oz. beer bottles with a metal cap? Has anyone done this with a low alcohol wine coolers? I don't see any info in previous bottling post which tells me its not popular.

I was thinking about convenience of the beer bottles in a cooler with a bottle cap vs a 375 ml or 750 ml with a cork.
That's why I did it. Just grab one and head out to the deck. I also got an adapter so I could use my soda stream to carbonate them. It works, but can be a little messy.

In the next couple of weeks my Pink Lemonade and Hurricane wine coolers will be ready to bottle. I have plenty of 750ml bottles, and several 1.5L bottles but I wondered if its possible to use 12 oz. beer bottles with a metal cap? Has anyone done this with a low alcohol wine coolers? I don't see any info in previous bottling post which tells me its not popular.
There is doubt about how well a wine will age under a crown cap ... but in your situation, it's not exactly an issue.

Crown caps are significantly cheaper than corks, and if you're not laying that red down for 20 years, crown caps are fine.

Back