Wine Bottle Brush

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt723

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Simple question... what is your favorite bottle cleaning brush and where did you get it? Simple enough but I've actually been having trouble finding a good one in my area to clean my bottles (from family members who don't rinse!).

Thanks,
Matt

If you have a Bed Bath and Beyond would be a good start. Local brewer or Ebay. I believe anyone would work. I got mine at our Walmart.

I have checked my local Walmart but can't seem to find anything that would work, unfortunately no BBB in my area either. I was convinced I was going to have to buy online and I've been trying to pick the right one to buy since I can't see them before hand.

I have a carboy brush (stiff white bristles) that loops at the end, I wish I could get a mini version of that because typically the bottle debris is in the bottom of the glass however most of the ones I find don't have the end loop.

Thanks for your suggestions so far guys!

Like you, I had a hard time finding the right brush. Then I found a brush called Best Two in One Hummingbird & Feeder Brush. One end has a brush that looks like a tuft and the other end, a regular long brush. Put a slight bend on the wire and it gets up in the shoulder of the bottle really well, and does a great job on the sides.

It's 14" long, but can't get to the bottom of some tall bottles so I have a bar-b-q skewer with a nylon scratchy pad rubber banded to it and that cleans the bottom of the bottle--especially the foot of the bottle where gunk likes to stick.

This bottle brush is made in the USA by a company called Songbird Essentials. You might look online for it.

Best Two in One Hummingbird & Feeder Brush.

This looks great! I found it on Amazon.com for $7, just need to find enough stuff to make $25 and get free shipping! haha I'll get some books for my son.

I'm going to order this and try it out, best thing I've seen so far.

Thank you!

I just bought one of these a month ago, but haven't used it yet.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?p=65409&cat=2,10719,47943,65409

In my experience, it's good to have 2 or 3 different bottle brushes. Somedays I just seemed like one worked better than the other on one bottle, and then it was reversed on the next bottle.

Steve

Looks interesting, anyone have experience with the soft brush ends? I'm worried it won't be course enough.

Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely looking to expand my brush selection! haha

Hey Matt---I'm glad Amazon has that bird feeder brush!! I have one more new one, and wondered where I was gonna find another one. I found these brushes in a local store that only catered to bird feeders,bird baths,etc. but they went out of business a few years ago. Glad I bought several of them when I did. Thanks for the reply that you found it.

Hey Matt---I'm glad Amazon has that bird feeder brush!! I have one more new one, and wondered where I was gonna find another one. I found these brushes in a local store that only catered to bird feeders,bird baths,etc. but they went out of business a few years ago. Glad I bought several of them when I did. Thanks for the reply that you found it.

Here is the link for the Brushtech Two-In-One Hummingbird Feeder Cleaning Brush.

It's Amazon.com which presents a problem for me (in Canada) but I'll figure it out somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
This little birdfeeder brush can almost be turned into a carboy-type brush with just a bend of the wire. Go take a look at it--it's the best bottle brush I ever had.

Turock said:
This little birdfeeder brush can almost be turned into a carboy-type brush with just a bend of the wire. Go take a look at it--it's the best bottle brush I ever had.

Do you have a link ?
I did notice some others have references to - just want to make sure we are talking about the same product

Back