Where is Waldo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cecilias9

Reaction score
Does anyone have any news of Waldo??? He has not posted since April 27th and that is most most unusual...
Concerned for his health and safety,
Cecilia

He has not been on as much as he used to these last few months. He pops in usually once a week at least.

Waldo has the best stories!

Wheres_Waldo.jpg

Waldo is alive and doing well. Was without phone service for 6 days but they finally sent someone out yesterday evening and got us back in service after they "INSISTED" it was trouble with the lines in my house, and after they had me change all my DSL filters, Disconnect everything connected by phone line, try different phones, pour some of my Muscadine wine through the main box out on the wall, kick the neighbors dog, shave off one side of my beard and watch Gone With The Wind 3 times in a row they finally conceded it might be on their line coming in and sure enough it was.

Glad you got back on online Waldo. A few years ago when my entrance box for the phone was blown up and melted by the lightning I was without a phone. Just for giggles a couple days after it happened, I picked up the previosly dead phone, and it had a dialtone. I called for repairs. The person on the line said "You can't have a problem, you are calling on that phone line." I assured them I did, and grudgingly they sent someone out to check. Sure enough, the box was totally destroyed. The repairman asked if he could take it with him. It seems they keep their worst cases for display and this was now the worst box they had ever seen. I still don't understand how I had suddenly gotten a dialtone because it was dead again when the repairman had arrived.

Hey Waldo,
Good to see that your OK. There was spec. that the storms might have affected you. If that was the worse, if in fact it was those storms, that happened then I would say that is just fine.
smiley32.gif

Thanks all....feels all warm and cozy to be back in the company of good friends !!!

Just glad everything is OK with you and yours.....glad you are back..

Don't you just love it when you have to troubleshoot your entire system before they will send a tech to get it working again? Grrrrr! I am planning to drop my land line and use cell phones only.

DR, I tried dropping theland line last year but found I needed a fax. I know there is a way to do faxes through your computer, but I have not been able to figure that out yet.

I too would love to drop my land line and that was the plan when we got our cell phones until we discovered that almost every carrier and phone either doesnt work at all in my area or only works in a very limited # of spots like my front yard, my daughters room upstairs or in our sunroom, nowhere else does just about any other phone or provider work here!!!
smiley35.gif

Wade. It sounds like your daughter is in cahoots with the phone company!!

Waldo, you are family and we miss you when you are so quiet!!!

Sorry, did i say quiet? must be a mistake on my keyboard,

hummmmmmmmmmmm

baaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa

rick

Back