WHERE HAS EVERYONE BEEN...ON VACATION

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK you got me. I don't think that most of you folks realize how fascinating your lives are to me. farms, orchards. trips to all over the world on business etc.
I just clown about the vacation while i wish down deep that i could just see some of the things that are ordinary lots of to you folks.
Florida has its good things if one likes motorcycling all year round.
It is also a great place if you don't mind being run off the road by an 85 year inconsiderate old goat in a light blue 4 door Lincoln wearing cataract glasses.
Thats basically why I'm going to Florida for my vacation
smiley36.gif

We are however looking for an overnight runs to ST Augustine, tarpon Springs, south Georgia and cocoa beachin a few weeks.

Edited by: scotty

Scotty, wherever you are at, whatever you are doing, whatever you have done , whatever you have seen...someone , somewhere, wishes they could of been in YOUR shoes, and experienced what YOU have.
smiley20.gif

What JW said.........

Sometimes the dream is better than the real thing.

If in your travels however, you venture into North Carolina, I'll leave the light on, your always welcome, as with any other board member.

Im waiting to travel a bit. I hope I havent given folks the impression that i am pre occupied with the idea of shoveling manure, waking up before dawn to run the harvesters, spraying for worms etc.((I was raised intruck farming country on long island NY))Its just that i admire a lot of you folks. I never envy. I have been blessed with that sort of temperment. I don't however have any trouble seeing the beauty in thelifestyles of other people.

Even stinkie when he is freezing his italian butt off while testing the fruits of jis labor.
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif

Scotty, you have one up on me- you get a vacation. I haven't had an actual paid vacation in......... well never. My current boss just won't seem to allow me one. I do take an occasional 3 day weekend and they are like heaven in the spring, summer or fall, since I can work in the garden, orchard or vineyar, unless I'm doing work on the house , or yard, or......... I can't remember when the last time I was out of state, unless you count Vermont across the lake- less than a half hour away. I did leave the country last year. We went to Canada 45 minutes away to get some wine making supplies. I want to go to Quebec later this autumn to visit a few Wineries and Vineyards(there are several within an hour drive). So you see, we all want what we can't get easy, that's what makes us want it.
smiley4.gif

AM
I had 2 small dellis and know the 7 day routine. Now that i am retired i have nightmares sometimes about the pressure of 7 day a week work.
I will still however drool when i see the farms, flowers, orchards, vineyards and the many things all of the other folks on this website do. It is like traveling all over the world every time i boot up.

Thanks to all

I am now trying to get to arkansas to sneak up on waldo.
My problem is that last year someone stole my enclose trailer. O replaced it with a foldind one that can stand up and be rolled into a spot inside.

I dont want to get my Harley wet.
smiley19.gif

Such problems eh????
smiley36.gif

Cherish what you have.... I work a 4on 2 off, 5on 2off work week. so I get weekends off every 3 months ...... with a wife and4 childrenit gets a little depressing having to work 3rd shiftevery weekend. In my line ofwork younever know if your next shift is your last one. Live life to the fullest and if you have a significant other make her feel special every day. Edited by: chevyguy65

chevyguy65 said:
Cherish what you have.... I work a 4on 2 off, 5on 2off work week. so I get weekends off every 3 months ...... with a wife and4 childrenit gets a little depressing having to work 3rd shiftevery weekend. In my line ofwork younever know if your next shift is your last one. Live life to the fullest and if you have a significant other make her feel special every day.

Good advice even if you like chevies.
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back