What's your other hobbies?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Olusteebus! Love the Vette.

I'm into classic cars as well. Have a 67 Camaro SS that the wife and I like to cruise around in and take to an occasional show.

Love to hunt and fish as well though don't get out to fish so much it seems since my dad passed away. Taking over his vineyard and trying to keep up with that takes up a lot more of my time but I enjoy it so my wine making 'hobby' is slowly becoming an obsession!
occasion14.gif

Wow, it's a pretty diverse crowd we got here. Lots of people seem to have some common interest though, like fishing, aquariums and chess. It's always interesting to see what others are doing. 1400 LB Pumpkin WOW! That's awesome!

Here are a couple of my trick shot videos, needless to say it's the product of a wasted youth!

Anyone here play chess online? I would like to play some but I'm not really that good.

Chris

Amazing shots, Chris! Now, how many felts and pool tips do you go through? :)

I am a cofounder of a ghost hunting group, I read the tarot, I play guitar and am an amatuer photographer. I am also studying astronomy in hoped of being able to draw up natal charts. I am an avid whiskey fan as well (just bought myself of Knobb Creek lat night. Man that is some potent stuff.)

I am a cofounder of a ghost hunting group

I have some friends here in Albuquerque, who are a sort of "ghost hunters" and every halloween become local celebrities, last year I went with them to see an abandoned asylum with lots of spooky legends trying to find ghosts, it was for a feature story I was writing for our newspaper for the halloween edition, when we were inside the building taking pictures we almost got shot by the banditos, a motorcycle gang who owns the property, they had AK-47's and pitbull dogs with them and said we were trasspassing, so needless to say, after that experience I won't believe in ghosts anymore...

My other and only hobby beside wine making (because it takes all of my spare time) is keeping my son's racing go karts going and traveling to races.

I just posted these pics on another thread, but my other hobby is customizing older metric motorcycles. I do all the work myself including the paint

Here's a before and after pics of two bikes I have done

82 750 Maxim
before
100_7591.jpg

After
IMG_2600.png

82 Sahdow 500
before
PICT0005-1-1.jpg

After
pic1small.jpg

I also put a new paint job on my main ride, 01 Shadow 750
Before...
PICT0005.jpg

...and after..

100_7698.jpg

finish8.jpg

finish5.jpg

so while my wine is busy aging/clearing or fermenting... I'm out in the garage or on the bikes :D

Last edited:
Thanks Dan

bein_bein - Nice two-wheelers!

Here are a couple of my most recent rides. The Screamin Eagle was the last. I got rid of it a couple of years ago. The other is a '95 DWG. There were others. A 1000 Sporty and a Heritage Springer ...

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

You guys all make me want a bike! Love the bikes like Bubba's and BobF's first pic on this page.. But priorities are priorities - gotta plant my vines first!

My Hobies aside from Wine Making

Amateur Radio (KE3JU)
Golf
Firearms
Cheese Making
Computers (is my living too)

Trapshooting
Bbq competitions
Amateur gunsmithing
Canning fall harvest
Smoking cheese
Making rings out of old sterling silver spoons