Hobbies other than winemaking?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I About 2 years ago I discovered scratch build/kitbashing model making. Creating a model using plastic styrene sheets and random found plastic parts (containers and other retail products, stuff found on the sidewalk, etc, other plastic model parts, all called "greeblies" in general). Collecting the greeblies is just as much fun as building the models. Image below is a spaceship I've been working on... still needs to be painted.View attachment 95112
View attachment 95113
View attachment 95114
My mom makes miniatures and uses a lot of found objects. I save anything little and she puts them to remarkable use!

My mom makes miniatures and uses a lot of found objects. I save anything little and she puts them to remarkable use!
Cool. It's really amazing how little pieces of "trash" can be turned into something cool looking. The model pictured has razor blade sleeves, the rear exhaust is a fireworks canister I found on the ground after July 4th, the body is made from juice bottles, it's got earbuds and lotion caps, and plastic spacers from hair dye, juice box straws, mouthwash cap, and on and on. :)

Cool. It's really amazing how little pieces of "trash" can be turned into something cool looking. The model pictured has razor blade sleeves, the rear exhaust is a fireworks canister I found on the ground after July 4th, the body is made from juice bottles, it's got earbuds and lotion caps, and plastic spacers from hair dye, juice box straws, mouthwash cap, and on and on. :)
When Mom first started with her miniatures hobby, she made 1" scale furniture for a dollhouse she built. I remember one cabinet was made out of a Kraft Macaroni and Cheese box!

Her interests have led her to smaller and smaller scale stuff. She mostly works in 1/4" scale now. She makes room boxes and scenes. She made tiny bottles out of the tips of plastic hearing aid filter holders. The bottles are the ends of the black things shown in the second picture.

Attachments

• BABA2FCA-BE2D-473B-BC66-DD0D03C94D32.jpeg
    BABA2FCA-BE2D-473B-BC66-DD0D03C94D32.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 0
  • A52217CC-FC1E-46DA-8D1D-E5B627B2519F.jpeg
    A52217CC-FC1E-46DA-8D1D-E5B627B2519F.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 0
More of my mom's hobby (I wish I were as talented as she is but my hobby consists of finding little stuff for her to use):

Attachments

• EB9F141A-AEA9-4D8D-BCD4-BC75AAA66B4C.jpeg
    EB9F141A-AEA9-4D8D-BCD4-BC75AAA66B4C.jpeg
    747 KB · Views: 0
  • D4EFA5E7-8327-4EF0-AC4B-DFBE29D3B3C0.jpeg
    D4EFA5E7-8327-4EF0-AC4B-DFBE29D3B3C0.jpeg
    941.7 KB · Views: 0
  • E18DCC27-8AC7-43EF-A24F-0759EDA7F071.jpeg
    E18DCC27-8AC7-43EF-A24F-0759EDA7F071.jpeg
    924.8 KB · Views: 0
More of my mom's hobby (I wish I were as talented as she is but my hobby consists of finding little stuff for her to use):
Hey, don't cut yourself short. Making wine and refilling empty wine bottle is a fun hobby. It's also an art! Unfortunately, It's a burden that we can't refill full bottles. We have to do the work to keep emptying them. Sometimes it leaves little time for tinkering and developing new hobbies.

Just remember, we understand!

This year was one of the best I’ve had for big fish. Multiple 18” smallies and big pike too. All on NE Wisconsin rivers.

The pictures are from northwoods where we do annual family trips and I get to explore all the local rivers and streams. Unfortunately this year my son (under 1 yo at the time) got very sick so we had to cut the trip short and that smallie was the fish of the trip

I fish 1-2 days a week at Newton Power Plant lake in Illinois. Yep, its a 2 hr drive but the best Largemouth fishing I've ever seen. I had a 5.12 in July there. Lots of my videos of Newton are on Youtube.

I mostly do the kayak river rat thing on northern IL and southern Wi rivers.
I am thinking about a boat and once I get one I’ll definitely take a trip there.

By day I'm a Custom Framer. But hobby wise I am all over the place. In my spare time I draw, and paint. Sculpting has taken a backseat to working with resin. I also like old world arts like book binding, spinning wool, weaving, leather working, and paper making. For relaxation I enjoy reading, listening to music, and playing video games.... And dreaming about new wines to make.

Latest posts

Back