What's in your wine cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
Ok, several months ago someone posted up a poll on how many bottles of wine you had in your wine cellar. It turned into a fun thread, so I am starting another one but not a poll, just post up how many bottes you have in your cellar and how many gallons you have in carboys.

I have 400 bottles bottled
71 gallons in carboys
5 gallons currently fermenting.

I have about ninty bottled and nothing in my carboys at this time but I have enough fruit in the freezer for twenty gallons right now and still collecting fresh fruit.

Oh you show off, lol, someday I will be there

I am way down due to competitions, donations, parties, etc. Wonder how Tom faired with the flooding. I can picture it now, folks lined up in front of his house trying to fish out bottles as they float out of his house. Funny but not really.

300 bottles of Commercial aka "the good stuff"
500 bottles of Michaelena
12 Gallons of San Acacia (fresh grape)
32 Gallons of Michaelena in bulk
6 Gallons in Secondary

70 bottles of my wines.
30 bottles from others and several wineries.
41 gallons in carboys and 12 gallons in primary.

And please don't leave the door open to my wine room. I don't want Vicki to know how much I have in there. lol!!!!! :D

I am way down due to competitions, donations, parties, etc. Wonder how Tom faired with the flooding. I can picture it now, folks lined up in front of his house trying to fish out bottles as they float out of his house. Funny but not really.

DON't even think that!

I can't count as they are all over and with the running water on the floor I cant count them. Last time I counted it was over 100 cases FULL and at least 400 on shelves and something like 15 carboys aging. I also have 20+ gallons of steamed fruit in "ball" jars. 18#'s of Raspberry and 20# of Blackberry in the freezer waiting...

Oh yea! Forgot the CA is coming ....

Last edited:
Ha! The Michaelena is definitely getting better with each batch that goes through the Vadai barrel, but I have some pretty amazing bottles from Washington state that is just going to sit there for a few years and gather some dust as well as some nice age. Its good to always have something to compare to and bring you back down to planet earth!

Mike, This is how your post should have read. I just don't want people confused.

27 splits
100 regular bottles
3 magnums
2 Jeroboam
6 gallons in barrel
34 gallons in carboys

About 500 bottled
4 carboys clearing (24 gal)
1 gal fermenting (mead)
I'm at my limit and other than some Blackberry, probably won't start any more kits until the new limited runs come out.

Only have 33 bottles right now, but there are 28 gal. in carboys either clearing or waiting for me to not be so lazy and get em bottled. Oh yeah, and a doz. or so bottles of skeeter pee in cappable pop bottles. Arne.

OK, I'm new! I have about
75 bottles
3 carboys clearing
1 bucket of Peach (just started yesterday)

Do you guys buy extra insurance for that much wine.... 500 - 1000+ bottles. Wow! :r

I have thought about it but I don't have any special riders for the wine. I do have replacement coverage on the home owners insurance and LOTS of pics to prove what I have in the cellar just in case...

I must have slowed in my old age. I am way down on my count right now.

85 bottles commercial
180 bottles of my own makings
24 gallons in carboys/Vadai barrel
6 gallons in secondary.
10 gallons of fresh on order.

I have:
30 bottles commercial
70 bottles I made
14 gal aging in carboys & jugs
6 gal in secondary

NS

I am working diligently, but based on the numbers previously posted, I seriously doubt I could ever catch up.

58 bottles
5 gallons bulk aging
6 gallons in primary
35# of muscadines in waiting

Stock in the cellar is low.

5 cases of reds at various ages over 1 year
6 cases of whites from 2011 Chilean.

In carboys I currently have 88 gallons and another 18 gallons in primary.

I'm still fairly new to this whole process (about a year)
I have about :
175 bottles in storage for aging
30-35 bottles on my rack for comsumption any time
3 carboys waiting to be bottled
0 in my primary (not a good thing)

Totaling about 300 bottles.

Latest posts

Back