What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was surprised at how tasty it is. I've read a lot of threads here on peach wine that said it does not have a lot of flavor but maybe because this is 100% peach juice it works. It is on my list of juice buckets to get from Walker's this fall.
:b
Larry

Peach wine

walkers makes an excellent base product.:HB.this is a peach port from 2007 and is in excellent finish at present. From walkers

IMG_20160421_104237995_HDR.jpg

Full bodied and crimson in color. Scents of rose petals and red fruit. Adventurous florals and allspice along with hints of black cherry and plum. Definitely a muscular alcohol (17.2% ABV) though it surprisingly doesn't necessarily daunt the audacious forward flavors.

Very bold in the line of some of the great Australian Barbossa Valley Shiraz. This is a very good wine though definitely not something you would drink everyday. Something you pull out when guest come by who enjoy bold wines as I do.

PHOTO_20160421_193401.jpg

I'm going to have to try and find that bottle David! I'm enjoying a bottle (yeah, I'm the only one who drinks in this family) of el bombero from Spain. Grenache cariñena. Very berry cherry light oak. Definitely an Italian/Spanish wine. Thumbs up. ImageUploadedByWine Making1461287603.113288.jpg

Pulled out a 2010 Cline Zinfandel. This is one of my last experiments in aging cheap-to-modest-priced wines. This wine was fairly nice when I laid it down, but time has continued to improve it. It was, and still is bold, meaty, with tar, leather, and stewed fruits, but it has mellowed and become less harsh. Certainly a winner now. Was about $10 when I laid it down, drinking at $20 now.

Tipped the carboy I have of a WE SE Valpolicella that I added some Dornfelder skins to (6 lbs worth). Still medium body at best but the tannins from the dried elderberries and the dornfelder skins are quite apparent. Has a nose, which is rare for a red kit at this age. Still some bite from the CO2, since I haven't degassed it very well yet, and it is in the basement, which is up to a warm 63.7*F tonight. Exactly 5 months old today. Think this will be nice by the winter holidays.

I'm going to have to try and find that bottle David! I'm enjoying a bottle (yeah, I'm the only one who drinks in this family) of el bombero from Spain. Grenache cariñena. Very berry cherry light oak. Definitely an Italian/Spanish wine. Thumbs up. View attachment 28669

Sounds good. And with that view I'm sure it was.

Drinking a glass of 2015 Carmenre from Floandgary. Nicely done Gary, I am thoroughly enjoying this

Last edited:
This. And then my EP NZ Pinot Noir. And if that still sucks, then something else.

IMG_3692.jpg

Back