What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For dinner, I am making cinghiale, a pork ragù. (Sorry, I am fresh out of wild boar.) So I decided we wanted something very full bodied. I went with wine I got from WTSO a while back; it is a Tinta de Toro called "Tardencuba" (2009). It has GRIPPING tannins. It says it was aged 6 mos. in a barrel, but apparently it also spent some time chomping on cotton handkerchiefs and gargling dried tea leaves. Dinner won't be for another hour, so I have decanted this bad boy in hopes it will come to its senses and play nice.

Tonight it was a Cabernet sauvignon from Argentine that I drink with my wife.

Maybe in a couple of month I will drink some of my wine..:HB

Cheers !

A neighbors Rhone blend. I had 5 gallons of Syrah left over, he made a barrel of Grenache and Mourvedre, so I gave him the Syrah in exchange for two cases of the blend. Pretty good! A little light on the Syrah, but a nicely made wine.

Last nights offering. 2010 Saviah Cellars WWV Syrah. This is a perfect example of why Syrah could be the best wines coming out of WA State. It was still amazing after 3 hours. Good to the last drop.

IMG_0980.jpg

WE LE Trío Blanca...for those who think I don't drink white wines aged enough...LOL

ImageUploadedByWine Making1457292800.352697.jpg

A glass of Sangiovese I started last summer. It just has turned the corner and has lost most of the new wine taste that follows some of these kits for quite some time.

I taste cherries and some mellow oak. Very simple wine and that's how I like it.

in m glass tonight
pineapple-mango wine @ 6 mo age
soo fine w/a slite lemon
just finistinn 1st 1.5 l bottle
what a buzzz

Latest posts

Back