What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the 2 bottles every 3 months. They pick the selections. The MSRP on these bottles are anywhere from $30-$40 a pop. You do get a club discount and they give you a break on shipping for club fulfillment (only $5!) But depending on what the shipment is it usually runs from $60 to $75 a pop with TTL. You will get several different cabs including the flagship that won WS coveted wine of the year in 2009 as well as their Walter Clore Bordeaux blend, then club exclusives like a Malbec, a Primativo (Zinfandel) a Merlot, a Syrah and then one shipment will be a white usually a Chardonnay and a white blend of sorts. Haven't had a bad bottle in the 4-5 years I have been on the list. You can reorder more during the quarter and get the member price. They usually run shipping specials frequently and around Xmas they send out email blast to members for very limited quantity of large format wines. I picked up 3L Magnums of the 2010 H3 Cabernet and Les Chevaux blends a while back as well as a couple of 1.5L Mags of the CC Reserve flagship Cabernet. I have been happy with the frequency, small commitment (2 bottles at time), shipping discount and of course the WINE! LOL

Last edited:
Well, speak of the devil. Tonight I opened a 2012 Columbia Crest H3 Cab. Sauv. It is very tasty indeed. A bit tannic -- I imagine it would be better in a few years, but mighty fine today.

That has become one of my favorites as well.

Well, speak of the devil. Tonight I opened a 2012 Columbia Crest H3 Cab. Sauv. It is very tasty indeed. A bit tannic -- I imagine it would be better in a few years, but mighty fine today.

Every time this wine comes up, I end up drinking some. Picked up a 2012 earlier and am enjoying it as I type. :dg

Every time this wine comes up, I end up drinking some. Picked up a 2012 earlier and am enjoying it as I type. :dg

By tonight, of course, the tannins receded and it turned uber lovely. :r

2010 Etude Pinot Noir. I have been ragging of Napa as of late. This wine didn't disappoint. Classic California Pinot that even Miles from Sideways would have swooned over. With a MSRP around $25 this is a 5 Star QPR Pinot that delivers year after year. Very highly recommended! :br

etude-estate-pinot-noir-carneros-usa-10152089.jpg

We started last evening with a Greendance Marshal Foch, then tried another wineries Pinot Gris. The Pinot Gris was filled with diamonds and had a nasty almost plastic like smell to it (undrinkable). FFemt had almost the same issue with a Stueben that we got from the same winery. Should I call the winery and let them know that we got a bad bottle? Or just not patronize that winery again?

Opened a bottle of my cab Sav from fall 2013 fresh grapes.

WOW... It is just getting better and better...!!

Last edited:
2013 wine expert selection, double oaked Pinot Noir.

Smooth, silky and a good compliment to pizza

We started last evening with a Greendance Marshal Foch, then tried another wineries Pinot Gris. The Pinot Gris was filled with diamonds and had a nasty almost plastic like smell to it (undrinkable). FFemt had almost the same issue with a Stueben that we got from the same winery. Should I call the winery and let them know that we got a bad bottle? Or just not patronize that winery again?

Don't patronize them. They are not going to listen to you about their wine, especially since there was two different wines bought by two different people.

tonight we had a OAk Spring Winery Harvest Red with our pizza and now we are drinking a Luva Bella Apple Passion....

I think I would try to politely let them know. I know that if I were the vintner, I would appreciate having this feedback.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1422815316.966396.jpg

Beer, beer & more beer-IPA's, cream ale & stouts.
I bought a couple different sample packs. Started at noon while racking a pinot noir!
Wine and football just don't mix with me!

Amarone.jpg

Actually a few days ago got this as part of my Birthday present from my daughter and son in law. It was just ok, not worth the price they paid. I told them it was good not to hurt their feelings. I drank it over a couple of days to see if it would improve but again not for the price.

Tonight it is a RJS WS Cab Shiraz. I started this 12/16/13 and made it according to instructions. At bottling in March 2014 it was chateau plywood - I was a bit worried. But a year after pitching yeast, it is beautiful. Excellent ripe fruit and balanced oak. It's a real winner and I know by next year this will be amazing.

Latest posts

Back