What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I opened my LAST bottle of 2006 Cline Zinfandel. This is not a particularly special wine -- just one that we liked a lot, so we laid away a case for extended aging. It really delivered, right up to the end. Rich and smooth, with the fruit receding a bit over the years, and toffee, etc., stepping up to fill the gap. Still very full flavors, and quite enjoyable. I can now cross out a row in my wine inventory spreadsheet!

2010 EFESTE Upright Merlot. The name is a play on the movie Sideways. Paired with a Deep Dish Pizza from Costco that we tweaked with extra sauce, kalamata olives, and Chèvre. You have not lived until you have had a good Merlot from WA state! :hug

338310.jpg

2012 Kirkland Signature Cabernet Sauvignon from Red Mountain, WA! Snagged a couple yesterday on a Costco run. $15.99 MSRP. A medium body red wine with fine tannins needing about 30 mins to drink really well. Really nice nose of dark chocolate and cocoa powder, amid notes of black cherry, blackberry and blueberry, chocolate-covered pomegranate, plum and red currant flavors. A little tart at the beginning but that softens and goes away with a little air. I give it 4 out of 5 stars for QPR. :r

WOW.jpg

I have to go and look at that one at Costco.

How are you enjoying it?

I'm down to 3 bottles, and my next one is still clearing in the carboy. It's gonna be a looooong 2015.

Well, while it smells so nice (black cherries), it is still not there yet. Still missing that silky taste, I hope it will get it in 5 more months.
I started this one in Dec. 2013.

2014 Vineco LR Tempranillo-Garnacha. 13 months old now and coming along very nicely. It got barrel time and some Tancor Grand Cru. It's dry from the tannin, but shows nice fruit. Winner, winner!

Cheeky Monkey Pinot Noir. My first Pinot, and after letting it breathe overnight, it's really quite lovely with my lasagna.

Tonight, I'm going to keep it coming as this has been the week from Hell. And it's only Tuesday. They sure are making it easy for me to want to start that new job late next week. I've seldom had such a difficult time with anything over the last 7 years.

I've never been a fan of whites. I think I'm waiting for a review from someone that really rates one high without the same coming from wallet

Probably the toughest harvest ever in WA State. Notes?

39% Merlot, 39% Syrah, 9% Malbec, 4% Grenache, 3% Petite Verdot, 3% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Mourvedre, 1% Cabernet Franc. Pretty much your 'kitchen sink' blend. But pretty good. Good balance of fruit and tannin. Jammy, but not a 'fruit bomb'. Pretty nice overall.

Help me pick a wine for tonight!

Pairing with Red Wine Braised Lamb Shanks with Portobella Mushrooms.

2008 Longshadows Sequel Syrah

2009 Doubleback Cabernet Sauvignon

2007 Lucien Barrot & Fills Châteauneuf-du-Pape

IMG_0218.jpg

Kinda leaning towards either the Syrah or ChduP myself. Hmmmm……. Save the DB for a ginormous hunk o beef perhaps.

Latest posts

Back