What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2008 Gorman Winery "The Bully" Cabernet Sauvignon. Paired with grilled filet mignon, leftover scalloped potatoes and field of greens salad.

This wine is what Napa Cabs want to be when they grow up. Big, bold, and amazing! :hug

2006+Bully.jpg

My own "1 of 1" Forced Natural Fermentation Blueberry Wine Fail. LOL ... it still does the job, so I am going to take one for the team and drink it up. Hiccup! :)

Last night tried some left over from racking my last fresh grapes batch started in October, a mix of sangio/cab sav/merlot (60/30/10), I am calling it ala Super Tuscan.

I REALLY liked it, it is very young at 4 months but know it will be a hit.
Just need a barrel now.....:D

Couldn't decide what to have, so, ive got a 200 ml ration of both cherry and strawberry wine

Going with a 1yr. old oaked elderberry.............made with, compliments of, our own Arne's elderberrys. I only have 3 bottles left so drinking them sparingly.

Going to pair it with me.

Going with a 1yr. old oaked elderberry.............made with, compliments of, our own Arne's elderberrys. I only have 3 bottles left so drinking them sparingly.

Going to pair it with me.

I have my first elderberry clearing at this point. I'm curious, did you back sweeten this wine or leave it dry? I'm trying to decide the direction I will take but since I have no experience with this wine, I'm just not sure which way to go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

saviah-cellars-gsm.jpg

Multiple winner, the Saviah Cellars' 2011 Elephant Mountain Vineyard GSM won best in show at the 2014 Great Northwest Wine Competition in Hood River, Ore. as well as a Double Gold in last years Seattle Wine Awards. This wine has the bouquet of an Oregon Pinot Noir but the finish of a Syrah. Its still light and delicate with loads of red berries especially raspberries an just a nice hint of pepper spice. Very light on oak as you might expect. Needed about 20 mins to open up but its been smooooooooth sailing since then. An excellent wine from a very tough vintage!

Trying more Chardonnay ... Really liking this varietal..

ImageUploadedByWine Making1424651054.800524.jpg

I have my first elderberry clearing at this point. I'm curious, did you back sweeten this wine or leave it dry? I'm trying to decide the direction I will take but since I have no experience with this wine, I'm just not sure which way to go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I backsweetened, but only to 1.002. I was just trying to bring a little flavor back into it. It is still pretty dry with a nice oak touch.
Another gallon I made without oak I backsweetened to 1.008. It is really good and you can really taste the flavor better I think.
FYI I am a dry red wine drinker but do enjoy the 1.008 version too.

Back