What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racking my Chardonnay from grapes.
Although almost clear is still has a little haze seen in the carboy.

Wine tastes nice and smells beautiful!!

ImageUploadedByWine Making1445801640.246632.jpg

2010 EFESTE "Nana" 50/50 blend of Merlot and Cab Sauv/Franc. Most from Red Willow vineyard which is about as famous as Red Mountain AVA these days. Intoxicating bouquet that had me wanting more with each sip. Long finish that did not want to quit. French oak that pulled you in with each sip as well. Awesome bottle of wine!

IMG_0758.jpg

I was looking at this at Wegmans just this morning. How is it?

Jim,
It is outstanding! Rich blackberry, taste clove and cinnamon, jammy. So glad we picked up two bottles, but they won't last long!

Steve

Raspberry Wheat beer bottled about three weeks ago (one thing I love about beer making, quick turn-around). Can smell some berry in the nose and some in the taste. Clearer than I thought it would be, must have done a protein rest. Lighter bodied because of the wheat component, but looking at the recipe noticed I did throw some oats into the mash as well as some blackberries into the primary. Most of the raspberry flavor came from 1/2 a leftover f-pack from a Raspberry Rapture kit.

Wife seemed to like it so I put a few into the refrigerator for later.
Looks good. That's an interesting idea for getting the berry flavor. On my list of beer to make is a blueberry ale and heard it takes quite a few to give it the blueberry flavor.

Today I cracked open my first bottle of my WE LE Oregon Pinot Noir. It is 17 mos. old -- sneaking a bottle before the arbitrary 18-month aging period.

I am quite disappointed. It is redolent with KT. It basically tastes like Mezza Luna Red. This REALLY surprises me, as my tasting notes at bottling time (~1 year ago) explicitly note that I thought the wine "had no KT to speak of" at that time. :(

LOL........

quote-don-t-use-a-five-dollar-word-when-a-fifty-cent-word-will-do-mark-twain-82-8-0880.jpg

"The difference between the almost-right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning."
-- Mark Twain

LOL, I really thought you would come back with that WAS your $0.50 word…… :sm

Actually, that last comment of yours was pretty good! Too bad I didn't think of that.

I mean, "The eventuality of my failing to ratiocinate such a felicitous inspiration was egregiously unfortuitous!"

Popped a cork last night on a bottle of my 2011 El Bueno, El Malo y El Feo blend which if anyone recalls was the left overs after working up all the other blends that year, so roughly 33% Malbec, 33% Petit Verdot, 33% Cab franc. Insane blend that somehow worked and is now so much better than at bottling since the tannins have softened and integrated. SWMBO brought a coworker/friend/program manager (AKA…Boss) over for dinner last night (unannounced, oh how times have changed right?)

Luckily I had just made pizza with fresh pizza dough we had just received from our local organic veggie co-op so had 2 nice pies ready to go when they walked in. I had already opened the bottle so got another glass and plate down. She raved about it all dinner long wanting to know what it was, it was so good……

Didn't want to tell her it was a bottle of leftovers! :)

EL BUENO.jpg

Thanks Craig!

I like to use local scenery for my labels. That was taken just a few miles down the road from us close to the Rio Grande river. If you look close you can see some of the ski hill runs of Pajarito Mountain on the right hand side about mid way up.

Back