What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2014 "Untamed" from Wild Haven Winery in Walla Walla. A dark cherry nose hits you in the face along with...wait for it...movie theater buttered popcorn. No, that's not a typo. An interesting, but enjoyable blend. Pairs well with 'Braveheart'. :D

ImageUploadedByWine Making1446167356.141743.jpg
Not even sure what grape this is, but for $25 the first glass was the best. Should have finished it three days ago [emoji17] I'm going to have to give Cabernet another chance.

Grenache is the predominant grape variety but they allow a half dozen others as well into the wines made in this area.

View attachment 25550
Not even sure what grape this is, but for $25 the first glass was the best. Should have finished it three days ago [emoji17] I'm going to have to give Cabernet another chance.

Long week. Got home, needed some carbs. Planning on making some cheap champagne for New Years, so need the 3 gallon keg emptied out. Iggly Opped Hentire from Terry Foster's Porter book, with a few modifications (some Kiln Coffee malt and some Patagonia Perla Negra malt). Really smooth (brewed New Years Day 2015), 5.4% ABV, 43 IBUs, but really not that bitter with all of the dark roasted malts. Very smooth, lot's of chocolaty flavors. Will probably add 10 lbs this weekend before my checkup on Monday.

10-30-15_porter.jpg

Back