What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kenridge Founder's Brunello style , over 2 years old . Spent some time in my Hungarian barrel . After a lamb diner it is one of the best I ever made . :b

Went to the PA state store for some Sangiovese if I need to top off my aging kit, and found this cheap Bordeaux. Very close to the Merlot/Cab Sauv percentage in my Chilean batch I did this spring. Only difference was the 8% Cab Franc (mine had 13% Malbec). Was more looking for an overall idea of the tannic balance between the Merlot and Cab Sauv. I know, every year is different, just looking for a ball park taste to compare what I made. At $9 for the bottle it was worth a try. (PS. It is very drinkable, 1/2 way though the bottle already. Gotta slow down so I can teach Sunday school tomorrow a.m.)

8-8-15_Bordeaux.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Family get together tonight and one of my sisters brought about 3 gallons of sangria. It was good. :D

Well, not a big beer drinker but I'm on vacation in the Dominican Republic and the Presidente brand is ranked really high...so cheers... ImageUploadedByWine Making1439163831.874591.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1439764183.726229.jpg
Smooth went very well with grilled vegetables fresh bake bread olive oil bruschetta!

Thanks
Steve

2014 Chilean Cab/Merlot. Really good now, but I think it's going to be a medal winner in another 6-12 months.

I started with a 2013 Chilean Carmenere, It continues to improve and in a couple more years will be excellent. Finished up with a 2014 Petite Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot blend that just finished 16 weeks in a new American Oak 15 gallon barrel. It will be difficult to leave this one alone, it is so good!

I had opened a bottle of my 2012 Peso Pesado (The Heavy Weight) last weekend and had about 1/2 a bottle left so brought it out for last nights dinner. Dang this stuff is really good. I make them big, bold and cellar worthy!

75% Cab Sauv, 25% Zin and Syrah. Excellent bottle of wine.

LODI-EL_PESO_PASADO.jpg

Took a 1/2 day (beautiful day around these parts) to try and get some lawn done. Had 3-4 inches of rain yesterday (yikes, sounds like May not August). Was looking for a La Sorte Ripasso Valpolicello that @jgmann suggested, but alas, they were out. So the nice wine educator sent me towards this one. She described it as a baby Amarone with a silky smooth mouthfeel.

8-21-15_Campofiorin.jpg

How much you paid for that bottle?

$18.99

Remember, I live in the Peoples Republic of Pennsylvania and deal with the prices their monopoly requires.

Just started sampling it. Reminded me of an Out of the Box Sangiovese I had last spring. The taste of the dried grapes (ripasso) is much more refined in this wine.

this bad boy

371330.jpg

... incredible.

Latest posts

Back