What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, since ibglowin' said "Wine Friday" was starting on Wednesday, I'm having my Eclipse Barolo. About 20 months old now and very, very good. 6 more months, and it'll be killer.

Two and a half years old and, oh yeah, winner!! :db I have a case left of this. And one bottle left of the first batch of this I did about 6 months earlier.

Anybody who did not make one of these, my condolences. This stuff is absolutely amazing!

rj-spagnols-rq-2014-australia-semillon-sauvignon-blanc-wine-making-kit-8.gif

Long gone I am afraid! This has a very crisp acidity with lovely notes of pink grapefruit, dried herbs, citrus, and just a touch of tropical fruit.

I really hope the Cellar Craft Passport Pinot Gris Oregon I bought to be a good one, haven't started it yet though...

Last edited:
I really hope the Cellar Craft Passport Pinot Gris Oregon I bought to be a good one, haven't started it yet though...

I think that went on clearance at FVW the other day, but its gone now. I was tempted.

still too hot for anything but cold beer! I do have a cab/shiraz breathing for my night cap ;)

Had a few of my buds from high school over last night. Always a ton of fun with that crew. Grilled some enormous burgers over oak and threw down many Fat Tires. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy that beer. We also made some Red Mountain Trio and Grand Red disappear. Not sure where it went, but the empty bottles tell me it was here at some point. :D

After a wonderful weekend away with my wife, daughter and my daughter's friend, we enjoyed a Tart Cherry and a 2012 Noble Muscadine. I decided to try a small blend with the 2 and I have to say a 2:1 mix of Muscadine to Cherry was quite good...May be something to try this fall.

Did quite a flight last night. (nice rhyming, eh?) Started the evening off with "Tinchos". New Age (a slightly sweet, sparkling Torrontes/Sauv Blanc) with a slice of lime. Perfect for the 90+ high humidity day we were having. Then broke out a local white blend, Sauv Blanc, and my Renaissance Aussie Chard. Had a really good Rioja with dinner. For dessert, a chocolate ganache washed down with Black Forest Port.

Latest posts

Back