What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice, although a tiny bit fruit forward for a Zin. I bought 4 bottles from WTSO a week or so ago. I think I'll let the remaining 3 rest for a while to let things integrate. I'm anxious to see in a year or two how it compares with my 2014 Amador Zin from fresh grapes.

IMG_2994.jpg

At Midway Airport...the best I can do is Berringer Cab

You could do worse.

Tonight, its my 2014 juice bucket Chilean Viognier. I had concerns about this one early on. Just bottled in March. I've had 3 bottles so far and each one is better than the last.

Picked this up today on a whim. Little boutique winery in the middle of nowhere. Price was right I have to say. Bordeaux blend with 50% Merlot and the rest Cab Sauv, Malbec, Cab Franc, Petit Verdot. PNP and let me tell you this stuff ROCKS! :r Needed just a bit of air time but then wow, this stuff just has a finish that doesn't quit. Nice oak, long finish. Notes of cherry, dark fruits, leather. Went great with a Costco Calzone BTW! If you see this in your local wine store snag a bottle before its all gone. Very high 5 Star QPR! :sm

DISIDENTE.jpg

Picked this up today on a whim. Little boutique winery in the middle of nowhere. Price was right I have to say. Bordeaux blend with 50% Merlot and the rest Cab Sauv, Malbec, Cab Franc, Petit Verdot. PNP and let me tell you this stuff ROCKS! :r Needed just a bit of air time but then wow, this stuff just has a finish that doesn't quit. Nice oak, long finish. Notes of cherry, dark fruits, leather. Went great with a Costco Calzone BTW! If you see this in your local wine store snag a bottle before its all gone. Very high 5 Star QPR! :sm

Is that the right picture Mike? [emoji16]

On our weekly pizza and wine night, we skipped the pizza, but consumed a Conneaut Cellars Allegheny Gold and a Colonel Crawford (a gift from a coworker) and finished the night off with our own Fredonia....

Had some family over tonight who is moving overseas soon. Started the evening off with some Sierra Nevada Summerfest, followed by some of Bobby Flay's Strawberry Grapefruit Rose Sangria. Then, with dinner, some 2013 Ghost Pines Cabernet. Pretty good Round Robin of an evening.

Last night I opened a bottle of my CC Showcase Argentina Malbec started Jan 18, 2014. Done by the "book" with the only exception of a couple grams of Tannin Complex in Feb. 2014 when I did a cold stabilization in the garage.

Hmmm, not sure but does this need more aging or what, tannin is really forward and I was expecting a more silky taste....:slp

2013 Chilean Carmenere. It has about 7% Malbec that was added to keep me at topped up. Continuing to improve, but I think it needs another 6-12 months.

Tonight it was my last bottle of Cru Select BC Meritage, bottled 9/13. This has been very tart and puckery dry. Almost undrinkable without back sweetening. Tonight, the bottle was incredible. Very dry but the aroma was incredible,always a bonus with kit wine. Sadly, Spagnols doesn't make the kit any more. Going to miss this wine.

Just got back from visiting kids and granddaughter in Calgary so shared a bottle of Italian Nero D'Avola with friends and finished the evening off with a blackberry pinot noir

Shared these with some good friends over the weekend. I decided to start dipping into my "Double-Secret" stash because.... you never know...

We started with the 1982 Chateau Maucaillou. Considering that this was a 33 year old bottle of wine, it held up well. It was light and I feel that the flavor was slightly faded, but otherwise this was spectacular.

Once complete, our host decided to dip into her own stash and pulled a Stag's Leap cask 23. This wine is a select wine made by the late, great Warren Winiarski. This was exceptional!!!!

IMG_20150619_162737_752.jpg

IMG_20150619_162756_777.jpg

Latest posts

Back