What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really "tonight", but some Swiss clients of my wife recently gave her some fondue and a bottle of Fendant, which is considered the wine to have with fondue. And it actually is. It has the correct aroma and palate to correctly match with a real Swiss fondue.

2018-01-24 11.45.10.jpg

Side note: Since we left Switzerland, this was the first fondue we had in 10 years. We just can not really get real Swiss fondue here unless self import if from Switzerland or have someone bring it or send it.

what-dilly-dilly-means-and-how-bud-light-came-up-with-its-viral-campaign.png

Now use your ginormous Crystal Ball(s) and tell us all when to get out!

Tonight I celebrate a $22 per share spike in my Netflix stock with 2016 Sweetpea Farms Blackberry. Mmmm...

what-dilly-dilly-means-and-how-bud-light-came-up-with-its-viral-campaign.png

Now use your ginormous Crystal Ball(s) and tell us all when to get out!

To my way of thinking, it looks good for up to two years max. Next quarter should be a good report, too. Disclaimer: The market is sometime going to tank, and if that happens, all bets are off. Your mileage may vary.

The wife said being we are both sick we should only have one bottle of wine tonight! Guess which one I picked? It a 2014 Biagio Chianti.,purchased at Costco Christmas 2015 for like $24 for the 3 liter bottle. Surprisingly good, bought it for bottle, not the wine. Awesome. Roy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 29
Papaya, stone fruit and lighter than expected acidity make this pretty interesting for a Sauvignon Blanc and a pleasant weeknight drink. A touch of residual sugar as well.

Attachments

• IMG_6230.JPG
    IMG_6230.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The wife said being we are both sick we should only have one bottle of wine tonight! .... the 3 liter bottle.

You, my friend, are too clever. But beyond that, I am kinda wanting to trick you out of the house, and insinuate myself with your lovely wife (the one who thinks that you should cut down to only a bottle when you are ill). :D

The wife said being we are both sick we should only have one bottle of wine tonight! Guess which one I picked? It a 2014 Biagio Chianti.,purchased at Costco Christmas 2015 for like $24 for the 3 liter bottle. Surprisingly good, bought it for bottle, not the wine. Awesome. Roy

Roy, what wine is the white wine bottle on the left in that picture?

Finally kicked the current keg of Pale Ale (1.046 OG, 34 IBU) and hooked up the next keg (next man up mentality here). A Sierra Nevada clone type beer (1.054 OG, 39.5 IBU) and wow, almost knocked my socks off. Just short of two weeks old (started 1/13/18) and tasting pretty darn good. I'll admit it took a second pint to get used to the hop increase, but now that I have adjusted I'm having issues not pouring "just one last beer" before I seek the warm and comfortable bed. It should clear up a bit as it ages in the keg, if I let it. I'm hoping some of this will last until the Superbowl, if not I have a batch of Eagles Ale to follow, either to toast their victory or drown my sorrows...either one will work for me!

Go Iggles!

1-26-18_SNPA.jpg

E6470E5D-132D-4712-88FD-CC66A10452E1.jpeg Two more bottles of this in the cellar. Corks are starting to go, last two pulled apart. But, man is it becoming something. Very dark and brooding. Full body. The white pepper that was there a few years ago is gone. All dark fruit and earthiness now. A surprise for Dundee Oregon. Went great with the roasted lamb and Brussels sprouts my bride made for dinner. Should I recork the last two or drink? I love dilemmas like this. Went to my wine tasting buddies funeral today. Wish he was here to help me decide. Cheers Bob.

I loved this last night. It's big, layered and complex, with pleasant tannins. Oh, how I wish I had bought a case. Highly recommend.french.jpg

Latest posts

Back