What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a blend 65% cab, 25% Merlot and the rest cab franc.
It is bold, a bit strong in the finish but good wine with steak [emoji4]
The one I've tried before was a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon 60%, Malbec 25% & Cabernet Franc 15%. It was pretty good as I remember (it was last summer, I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast at times). It definitely would go well with steak or roast beast served with sauteed mushrooms.

The one I've tried before was a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon 60%, Malbec 25% & Cabernet Franc 15%. It was pretty good as I remember (it was last summer, I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast at times). It definitely would go well with steak or roast beast served with sauteed mushrooms.

Those may be the actual numbers, I may have read incorrectly.
The wine is good, a bit tannic that may benefit from decanting it a bit, let's see how it tastes today...lol

Those may be the actual numbers, I may have read incorrectly.
The wine is good, a bit tannic that may benefit from decanting it a bit, let's see how it tastes today...lol

This wine tastes much better today, soft to the palate and smooth coming down the pipe [emoji4]

@sour_grapes May recall this one, we purchased this same kit around the same time.
Started Jan 2014 and bottled in May.
Finally coming around at 4 years, smells great, tastes really good, very surprised with such a great smell.

IMG_1515869580.632942.jpg

@sour_grapes May recall this one, we purchased this same kit around the same time.
Started Jan 2014 and bottled in May.
Finally coming around at 4 years, smells great, tastes really good, very surprised with such a great smell.

View attachment 45835

Yes, I am very fond of that batch now. Last time I had one, I said to my wife: "This is as good as anything I drink, really." :b

Last night, had a rather disappointing dinner at Bonefish Grill. But the one bright spot was one of the drink specials: Acrobat Pinot Noir from Oregon.

Back