What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
Just look/feel and time. I seared for 1 minute on each of the three sides (the tuna loin was kinda triangular). I don't trust myself, so I actually set a timer for each side.

Reaction score
We had a family holiday dinner today -- been trying to do this since New Years weekend, but illness and repeated bad weather kept people from traveling. Today's dinner was baked ham, home made piergi, broccoli, corn, and fresh rolls. My m-in-l made the periogi (blueberry and potato/cheese) and my wife insisted on rolls. It's nice to be appreciated!

rolls.jpg

Reaction score
4 pizzas (GF one eaten, no pictures so it didn't really happen). Ran the stone at 500*F for 1.5 hours before starting to cook. The crust is definitely one of the best I've been able to make inside. Perfect NY style, just not real large pizzas. Nice browning on the crust, picture doesn't do it justice. Little crispy on the outside, nice and tender on the inside.

One cheese, one pulled pork and pepperoni, one pulled pork, pepperoni and ham with extra onions in the sauce. Ran out of fishies :(.

At least the house is nice and warm now!

2-5-22_pizza-night.jpg

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
Pork ribs rosticciana style (garlic, pepper, thyme, rosemary, EVOO); leftover peas, butter, and tarragon; beet greens sauteed and braised with onions and seasonings; roasted petite purple potatoes (garlic, paprika, thyme, S&P); roasted Brussels sprouts with Grana Padano cheese.

IMG_3164.JPG IMG_3165.JPG

bstnh1

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We go through 2 or 3 heads of garlic a week. Shrimp Scampi always needs 15 - 18 cloves! Over the years I've leaned that the more garlic you eat, the more you need to use to get the flavor you want from it. I never put it in a dish early on - it loses flavor. I add it at the end of cooking. I always keep a jar of home made pickled garlic in the fridge to snack on. Yes, I like garlic!!!!:p

Reaction score
We had a family holiday dinner today -- been trying to do this since New Years weekend, but illness and repeated bad weather kept people from traveling. Today's dinner was baked ham, home made piergi, broccoli, corn, and fresh rolls. My m-in-l made the periogi (blueberry and potato/cheese) and my wife insisted on rolls. It's nice to be appreciated!
The last 2 rolls (out of 24) were gone by 7:05 AM today ....

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score

Latest posts