What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seared albacore tuna with a pepper/herb/sesame crust served with a mustard/soy/ginger sauce; turnip greens with garlic and gochugaru; bean-thread vermicelli with sesame oil, soy, and sesame seeds; and peas with butter and tarragon.

IMG_3153.JPGIMG_3157.JPG

Last edited:
We had a family holiday dinner today -- been trying to do this since New Years weekend, but illness and repeated bad weather kept people from traveling. Today's dinner was baked ham, home made piergi, broccoli, corn, and fresh rolls. My m-in-l made the periogi (blueberry and potato/cheese) and my wife insisted on rolls. It's nice to be appreciated!

rolls.jpg

4 pizzas (GF one eaten, no pictures so it didn't really happen). Ran the stone at 500*F for 1.5 hours before starting to cook. The crust is definitely one of the best I've been able to make inside. Perfect NY style, just not real large pizzas. Nice browning on the crust, picture doesn't do it justice. Little crispy on the outside, nice and tender on the inside.

One cheese, one pulled pork and pepperoni, one pulled pork, pepperoni and ham with extra onions in the sauce. Ran out of fishies :(.

At least the house is nice and warm now!

2-5-22_pizza-night.jpg

Pork ribs rosticciana style (garlic, pepper, thyme, rosemary, EVOO); leftover peas, butter, and tarragon; beet greens sauteed and braised with onions and seasonings; roasted petite purple potatoes (garlic, paprika, thyme, S&P); roasted Brussels sprouts with Grana Padano cheese.

IMG_3164.JPGIMG_3165.JPG

We go through 2 or 3 heads of garlic a week. Shrimp Scampi always needs 15 - 18 cloves! Over the years I've leaned that the more garlic you eat, the more you need to use to get the flavor you want from it. I never put it in a dish early on - it loses flavor. I add it at the end of cooking. I always keep a jar of home made pickled garlic in the fridge to snack on. Yes, I like garlic!!!!:p

We had a family holiday dinner today -- been trying to do this since New Years weekend, but illness and repeated bad weather kept people from traveling. Today's dinner was baked ham, home made piergi, broccoli, corn, and fresh rolls. My m-in-l made the periogi (blueberry and potato/cheese) and my wife insisted on rolls. It's nice to be appreciated!
The last 2 rolls (out of 24) were gone by 7:05 AM today ....

Latest posts

Back