What would you call it?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjd

Wine Lover
Reaction score
In April I started a Dandelion wine using a recipe from Jack Keller. I either messed it up or the recipe is bad, it finished very sweet.
In May I started a Japanese Plum wine from fresh fruit. it finished very dry and somewhat sour.
In July I started a Skeeter Pee using yeast instead of a yeast slurry.
I needed to clear my winemaking bench and instead of dumping the Dandelion, backsweetening slightly the Plum and Skeeter Pee, I experimented blending equal parts of all three. The result is a nice drinkable wine! I just cannot bring myself to label it Dandelion Plum Pee! any suggestions?

I'd probably call it 'Dandelion Plum Lemon' or something like that depending on the color & taste. I have a hard time calling a wine Pee. It seems a bit uncouth.

I made Skeeter Pee and gave it its Italian name in translation, "Piscio di Zanzara." You could call yours "Piscio di Tarassaco, Limone e Prugna." Or instead of Italian, pick another language.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the suggestions! I finally decided to call it Summer Surprise, mainly because I was so surprised at how nice it actually is!

Summer Surprise.jpg

VERY clever and cute!! Love the label. I stopped labelling long ago. I just print a band on the neck, unless it's a gift for a wedding, or something. When I make wine for a buck a bottle from free fruit, I just can't bring myself to waste the ink!!

Debbie

Though I did really like Wades suggestion, the final result is nice too. Just reading that label makes my taste buds wonder aimlessly at what that might taste like..? You definately have a one of a kind wine on your hands, and it sounds wonderful. I hope you are able to put a few bottles up for some age and really let us know how it does with a few years on it.

VERY clever and cute!! Love the label. I stopped labelling long ago. I just print a band on the neck, unless it's a gift for a wedding, or something. When I make wine for a buck a bottle from free fruit, I just can't bring myself to waste the ink!!

Debbie

I have arrived at the no labels decision also. I don't make that many batches and what I do make goes fast. I slap a label on the bottles I give away though. :sm

Larry

Yeah, holding on to any good wine is pretty much impossible around here. Thats why im trying to step it up this year and produce more than I could drink or give away. Highly unlikely, but ill have a blast doing it though. Right now I just have one 6 gallon batch going, as my primary gets free ill be adding another six gallon batch until I get at least 4-6 batches going. Going through a move and a new baby coming I got behind. haha

Back