What starter kit should i buy?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dick

Junior
Reaction score
Hello I am a First timer and i would like to know what basic Kit i can buy that will let me get started in makeing my own Wine and any other help you may be willing to share with me would be Greatly appreciated. Thank You

I don't see the equipment kits in the catalog anymore. Give George a call. He will steer you in the right direction on what you need. He won't try to sell you all the goodies unless you ask for them. He has basic starter kits.

If you are wanting a basic kit I would recommend you give up certain deluxe items to get another. For example, I would pass on a Buon Automatic Bottle Filler and get one of the $2.99 or $4.99 Fast Flow bottle fillers that actually work just fine and take that savings and put toward a Portuguese floor corker.

While the automatic bottle filler is very nice I feel that having a floor corker is a much more important and needed item. The Italian is even nicer but the Portuguese works great. I would also recommend a stir device that goes in a drill to stir the must and degas the wine. I am sure others will throw in their ideas of must have items.

I agree with Smurf on calling George and exchanging 1 item for another like the floor corker. George can value engineer it for you. Glad to have you aboard and hop you stay and join our family.

Welcome Dick...And I agree with the others, call George and I'm sure he can help you put togather a good starter kit for your wants and needs....Good Luck and hope you enjoy, this is a great hobby..
smiley4.gif

Back