WineXpert BEST Chardonnay (or similar profile) wine kit home DIY?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LakisPakis

Junior
Reaction score
Hi folks.
I am new to this area. I made a Chardonnay with a kit for starters. It is very delicious.
I would like now to buy a new kit. Could you please help me find the best kit out there for Chardonnay (or similar wine profile: white, dry)?
I will age some bottles too.

Based on some online research I did Winexpert LE22 or private reserve should be top. Any other ideas?
Thanks

I just purchased a Vineco (sister company of WE) Global Passport Australian Bourbon Chardonnay. I was talked into with a taste test at my LHBS. I would have never tried it without, the bourbon would have steered me away. It was very balanced and I didn't find the bourbon all that perceptible. It was truly delicious. They are special order, but my LHBS ordered extra and had it sitting on the shelf. It should be available to find with relative ease.

* welcome to Wine Making Talk
* you are close to SunPrairie Home Vinters. We have been selling juice buckets in spring (Chilean) and fall (California & Italian). The fall sale has thirty or thirty two varietals to close from. Spring was $56 for six gallons of juice.
* the local club holds contests if you won’t feedback on your wine and of course you can taste other wines
* Vinters is a good place to get carboys and such
*kits are a good place to start making wine, they work, everything is included

I've made the Master Vintner WineMaker's Reserve a few times -- and it's turned out excellent each time.

I use D47 yeast, oak chips during fermentation and bulk age for 3-4months on 1 light toast American oak spiral.

Cheers!

Welcome to WMT!

I made the WE Reserve Australian Chardonnay a few years back for my son's wedding reception, and the wine was very well received. I used the included fermentation oak but no aging oak. My notes are here:

https://wine.bkfazekas.com/2020-chardonnay/
Personally, I'm not in favor of the Private Reserve kits. They may make a better wine than the Reserve kits, but not enough of a difference to justify the extra cost. YMMV

I am just about to bottle a WineXpert Chardonnay Reserve batch, Australian grapes. I am typically not a fan of Aussie chardonnay's but I extracted a bottle from the carboy for an early sample and I have to say I am super impressed, it's a classic old fashioned buttery beauty. Really impressed...

Latest posts

Back