What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you are doing better. My Gal and I are going to Bonaire But Kauai Hawaii would be a great place for you I own a time share there and it is very laid back and lots to see for your Miss its called the garden island and the west side is always warm and sunny Poi Pu and west verry sunny and warm and the humpback whales will be there this time of year.

I agree Kauai is a wonderful place nice and laid back (Not like Ohau) I spent 7 years in the islands and spent a fair bit of time on Kawi..

Still watching the white zin clear. It's nearly ready for it's first racking which is supposed to be Monday.

Wine clearing.jpg

I have four carboys empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well not no more, I am starting a blackberry and 2 elderberries, I so need to get the freezer cleaned out.

Ashamed to say I have ZERO wine brewing at the moment! I think I burnt myself out last year. The whole garage is full of Wine Expert red wines bulk ageing. Just tucking in to the WE Choc Raspberry Port, which has gone down very nicely!

Today I'll be going to CCAC with my daughter for orientation. She decided she wanted to be closer to home so she is going there for now. After we get home, I'll be racking my apple wine and back sweetening with an fpac. Can't wait to see how this goes...Last 2 batches were yummy in my opinion.

Later on today will be time to get out my SNOW :sn blower out and running.

that sounds good! Two seperate batches blended or mixed from the start?

Last edited:
I think she may be ready, but it looks like Puerto Rico which is fine by me. I just want the sun to beat down on me and my scars.

Got home from work and used snow blower. Hear tell a big snow storm coming Tuesday

Got home from work and used snow blower. Hear tell a big snow storm coming Tuesday

Shhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Don't tell my wife she's terrified of driving or riding in the snow and she grew up in Elkhart, Indiana with lake effect snow almost every day. :?
She has to leave here in Cincinnati Tuesday morning drive to Lexington, KY to pick up someone from work then to Huntington, WV for training. She'e going to need lots of wine! :ib

We stopped by http://www.woodstonecreek.com/index.html today also. It is right next to the place where we bought another carboy. We learned a few things from the owners while we were there so I'm glad we stopped in. + the wine tastings and three bottle we brought home made it awesome.

Cleaned and delabled 9 cases of bottles today and racked and degassed my 2nd batch of SP. Man that had alot of gas in it.. Way more then the first but thanks to the vac pump it was easy.. hook it up and let it go.. Will be final racking my Kiwi tomorrow and start bulk ageing. Looking forward to starting my strawberry probably tomorrow also.. It just doesn't seem right with both primarys empty...

Racked my gooseberry wine today so now it's time to let it age now, now it's time to start to prepare for another winter blizzard that is suppose to hit by noon tomorrow great just what I wanted. Well I guess that means that I will have time to start the rhubarb wine.

Latest posts

Back