What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting ready to test the gravity of our zin. Then fixing two huge pans of homemade lasagna because the kids are all coming over.

I'm trying to figure out where all my bottles went! LMAO

The "wine fairy" visited me last night! I still can't figure out who brought the 2 1.5s to the party last night. It was definitely watermellon wine but it wasn't labeled. Everyone kept complimenting me on it but I didn't make it... But hey, I now have 2 more bottles for my next batch and the labels don't need scrubbed off!

Getting set to pitch the yeast in these today. Happy New Year everyone. :hny2

Larry like Steve said that looks beautiful.

Daisy, I took a case of wine over to a friends house the other night for a graduation party. It was so cool to hear all the compliments on the wine and most of the guest I didn't know and they had no idea who made it. Fun to just be in the background in here the comments or complaints something was too sweet.

The yeast is pitched in the 3 raspberry batches. Now I am taking advantage of the Janauary thaw that we are enjoying and did a final harvest of my carrots and beets and about 1/2 of the bunching onions that are left in the garden. There is nothing better than fresh veggies in January. Look - no snow on the ground. :db

Dinner will be at my son's house this evening to celebrate his 34th birthday today.

January thaw  P  11 11 004.jpg

I'm trying to figure out where all my bottles went! LMAO

The "wine fairy" visited me last night! I still can't figure out who brought the 2 1.5s to the party last night. It was definitely watermellon wine but it wasn't labeled. Everyone kept complimenting me on it but I didn't make it... But hey, I now have 2 more bottles for my next batch and the labels don't need scrubbed off!

oooooo i need to do a melon wine this summer when they are out!!! ill bet that wud be fantastic!!! wuddnt need to much sugar with the ones round here LOL!

Got up this morning and made breakfest for the wife then went on to throw the yeast into my wild plum wine then I racked my Elderberry blush into the secondary

Just got home from a 12 hr shift ridding the fork lift. HIHO silver! time to open a bottle.

Got bitten by a muscadine skeeter (pee) tonight who has literally whooped my butt! So smooth but man what a smack. Lost count of how many I've had and wife has cut me off now. Good thing too cause I'm wasted!

Anyone want to strip naked and dance in the rain? :rn

Just finished bottling 5 gallon of elderberry, 5 gallon of elderberry blush, and 5 gallon of choke cherry, cherry, elderberry. Used the new floor corker I got for Christmas, man was this nice. cruised right through this.

Had a busy day today. Did everything from the last post. Printed out the labels for the Apple wine. Sitting here with KAt and my friend JEnna drinking some wine. We popped the cork on Julie's Elderberry Wine and decided that it is light bodied and smooth and fruity.

Today I returned to the process of filling my carboys again! My collection is in dire need of refilling... Last night we had a big party and drank close to 3 1/2 cases of my wine... kinda sad to see it gone but that's why I made it and a good time was had by all!

I racked the concord to a secondary and decided to throw a little bit of everything in my bucket for a 5 gallon batch and moved it in front of my wood stove so it will be warm enough to get some yeast action. I wrote it all down as to what the ratios are... should be an interesting flavor experiment...

Just finished bottling 5 gallon of elderberry, 5 gallon of elderberry blush, and 5 gallon of choke cherry, cherry, elderberry. Used the new floor corker I got for Christmas, man was this nice. cruised right through this.

Julie
when you put your elderberry together what color did the wine turn when it was fermenting and the finish color can you post some pictures of that I just started my first batch of elderberry and elderberry blush

Back