What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very fun family night of axe throwing and a delish porter while listening to a Grateful Dead cover band. It took a while to get the hang of it, but then it was pretty fun.

We did that about a month ago for the first time (minus the band). Like you said, once you get the hang of it, pretty fun.

On another forum researching Lebanon Bologna recipes, and someone commented that Pueblo chiles from southern Colorado are better in flavor than the Hatch chiles from New Mexico? Is that true (asking you locals who can buy them fresh in the Fall)?

Edit: Ha! Did a google search (where everything is correct, true and unbiased), sounds like there is a bit of a regional disagreement, depending on where you live, lol.

Last edited:
Bwahahahahahahaha..........

Yea they wish. They do grow better weed I think but our green chile' reigns supreme!

On another forum researching Lebanon Bologna recipes, and someone commented that Pueblo chiles from southern Colorado are better in flavor than the Hatch chiles from New Mexico? Is that true (asking you locals who can buy them fresh in the Fall)?

Edit: Ha! Did a google search (where everything is correct, true and unbiased), sounds like there is a bit of a regional disagreement, depending on where you live, lol.

Bwahahahahahahaha..........

Yea they wish. They do grow better weed I think but our green chile' reigns supreme!
Oh my, that got him riled up! He told me to stop drinking the kool aid and get something real, lol. I reminded him I was from PA, not NM and was just askin' peoples opinion.

I plan on growing some hatch chilies this year. But as they will be grown In Wisconsin I can only call them green chilies.
I do the same here, they do really well if I keep them in large pots in the driveway. I think it gets the root ball warmer than if it was in my cool, wet, clay soil in the back yard garden.

Now we know how to push his buttons. 🤣
Being from the right coast, I didn't realize there might be an issue talking about regional peppers. I got out of there trying to avoid the nightly news from reporting there were two armies amassing on each side of the NM/Colorado border, wearing armor with their favorite pepper as an emblem on their chest (thinking a Monte Python type movie scene here). LOL.

I now know better than to bring up that subject again...I'll just drink my beer and wine and keep quiet. Oh, and smoke my ribs.

Any kind of pepper does better in the warmest spot you can find. They love heat as much as say Okra etc.
Yep. I have a south facing planting bed in a fieldstone retaining wall. I used to bake perennials to death in it. I ripped them all out a few years ago and plant peppers in it. As a microclimate it’s probably 10 F warmer than the surrounding area.

Being from the right coast, I didn't realize there might be an issue talking about regional peppers. I got out of there trying to avoid the nightly news from reporting there were two armies amassing on each side of the NM/Colorado border, wearing armor with their favorite pepper as an emblem on their chest (thinking a Monte Python type movie scene here). LOL.

I now know better than to bring up that subject again...I'll just drink my beer and wine and keep quiet. Oh, and smoke my ribs.
No shortage of meme's for sure!

1707153549940.png

1707153580252.png

1707153598649.png

1707153618896.png

1707153662440.png

1707153734454.png

Cmon, Craig @ceeaton ... Online, there is an issue talking about ANYTHING!

For 20 years, I have bought, sold and collected IH Cub Cadets from the '60s, '70s and '80s, so I am on several websites and FB groups. One time, a newb asked how much oil goes in a single-cylinder Kohler engine. A guy replied and said three pints. Knowing me as you do ... 😉 ... you just KNOW that I had to chime in and say, "Well, I use a quart and a half."

The other guy went ballistic, telling me in a series of posts that I was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. I said, "Well, that's just what I use, personally." He blew a gasket, posting that the owner's manual itself said three pints, that is what was supposed to be used, then posting to ask how could I even THINK of using a quart and a half, what kind of a mechanic am I, etc. 🤣 🤣 🤣

It took him most of a day before he finally came back with a sheepish post saying, "Three pints is a quart and a half. Haha." 🤣🤣🤣

But hey, he got points from me for at least realizing what the deal was! That's rare! 🤣🤣🤣

The best thing about the chile debate is that my wife can't eat them, so I rarely get to worry much over it. 😄

Latest posts

Back